ASTRO: Jupiter reprocess 2005

Old May 4th 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Eric Todd

Default ASTRO: Jupiter reprocess 2005

Gentlemen: I admire many of the DSO photos I see posted regularly here.
Some day, I hope to get into the DSO realm of imaging, but for the past 5
years I have stuck with the solar system, sometimes with success.

Included is a Jupiter image from May 2005, recently reprocessed. The planet
reached an altitude at that time of about 50 degrees with seeing 6-7/10
(Jupiter is too low now for imaging here until about 2010). It was acquired
with both a Toucam Pro color and b&w cameras. Color component: 600 frames/
5 fps Luminance: 1100 frames/ 10 fps. The best frames were combined, but
recently all AVIs were reconverted to 32 bit FIT files and then most
processing done at 32 bit where possible. Alignment and stacking also much
improved with Registax 4 at 4 alignment points. Final processing in
Photoshop. Scope: C9.25 @ F30.

I hope you like it.

Eric

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jupitermay2004 .jpg (66.6 KB, 101 views)
Old May 4th 08, 06:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Man... that data was goooood!... nice final image.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old May 4th 08, 08:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

That is one of the best shots of jupiter I ever saw, excellent work!

Old May 7th 08, 05:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Eric Todd

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
Excellent result. I never had much luck (or knowledge) with planets...

Stefan

Thanks, Stefan. I have been most impressed with your DSO images from
downtown Berlin. Quite a feat considering the light pollution you must
contend with.

I get about 30 nights of fair/ good seeing here a year for planets and
perhaps 10 excellent nights. The degree of seeing directly influences the
outcome of planetary images despite having even the best equipment. I am
beginning to suspect that the larger SCT designs though, such as the C 9.25,
sometimes never cool down for a planetary session so I am considering
peltier cooling the primary as others are now doing with success.

Eric