Neil deGrasse Tyson's Conspiracy of the Highest Order

Old January 20th 18, 11:46 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Neil deGrasse Tyson's Conspiracy of the Highest Order

Michelle Thaller (12:02): "The speed of light is so constant that the Universe actually changes everything so that you would never see it going any other speed." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmYcrVg0Fs

In a world different from Einstein's schizophrenic world this would be defined as outright insanity but here in Einstein's schizophrenic world we know that the Universe's weird behavior is due to the "cosmic conspiracy of the highest order":

Neil deGrasse Tyson, Death by Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries, pp. 123-124: "If everyone, everywhere and at all times, is to measure the same speed for the beam from your imaginary spacecraft, a number of things have to happen. First of all, as the speed of your spacecraft increases, the length of everything - you, your measuring devices, your spacecraft - shortens in the direction of motion, as seen by everyone else. Furthermore, your own time slows down exactly enough so that when you haul out your newly shortened yardstick, you are guaranteed to be duped into measuring the same old constant value for the speed of light. What we have here is a COSMIC CONSPIRACY OF THE HIGHEST ORDER." https://www.amazon.com/Death-Black-H.../dp/039335038X

David Tong: "Special relativity is where the famous equation E=mc^2 comes from. The central idea of the theory is that there is a speed limit in our Universe. The laws of physics conspire so that nothing can ever travel faster than the speed of light." https://plus.maths.org/content/einstein-relativity

Robert Scherrer: "In fact, the laws for adding and subtracting speeds have to conspire to keep the speed of the light the same no matter how fast or in what direction an observer is moving. The only way to make this happen is for space and time to expand or contact as objects move." http://www.cosmicyarns.com/2015/04/s...eed-limit.html

Brian Greene: "If space and time did not behave this way, the speed of light would not be constant and would depend on the observer's state of motion. But it is constant; space and time do behave this way. Space and time adjust themselves in an exactly compensating manner so that observations of light's speed yield the same result, regardless of the observer's velocity."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics...-nutshell.html

Ecstatic Einsteinians sing in praise of the cosmic conspiracy of the highest order:

Lisa Randall, Michio Kaku, Brian Cox, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Brian Greene: "Now, listen carefully. The faster you move, the heavier you get. Light travels at the same speed no matter how you look at it. No matter how I move relative to you light travels at the same speed. No matter who is doing the measurement and no matter what direction you are moving the speed of light is the same. The speed of light is the same no matter what direction or how fast... As you travel faster time slows down. Everything slows down. Everything slows down. Time slows down when you move. Time passes at a different rate. Clocks run slow. It's a monumental shift in how we see the world. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautifully elegant theory. It's a beautiful piece of science. It's a beautiful piece..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuxFXHircaI

Pentcho Valev
Old January 20th 18, 10:34 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Why are Einsteinians so hysterical about the light speed constancy? Because the speed of light is OBVIOUSLY variable and brainwashing is both difficult and dangerous:

Joe Wolfe: "At this stage, many of my students say things like "The invariance of the speed of light among observers is impossible" or "I can't understand it". Well, it's not impossible. It's even more than possible, it is true. This is something that has been extensively measured, and many refinements to the Michelson and Morley experiment, and complementary experiments have confirmed this invariance to very great precision. As to understanding it, there isn't really much to understand. However surprising and weird it may be, it is the case. It's the law in our universe. The fact of the invariance of c doesn't take much understanding." https://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/einste...eird_logic.htm

Why do students say "The invariance of the speed of light among observers is impossible"? They imagine simple scenarios, like those in the videos below. It is obvious to them that the speed of the light relative to the moving observer is different from that relative to the stationary observer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg7O4rtlwEE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC0Q6-xt-Xs

However Joe Wolfe will continue to teach nonsense, loudly and repeatedly - in the end each student will accept the idiocy and will get the name Bingo the Einsteiniano:

Bingo the Clowno https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX5ajyPr96M

Pentcho Valev