Solar Flare Imaging for Amateurs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th 18, 10:31 PM posted to sci.astro.research
[email protected]

Default Solar Flare Imaging for Amateurs

Amateur solar flare imaging is on my list of
things to do. The problem becomes how to size
and control a sun cover disk in the telescope.
This is the "blanking" disk in the telescope.

My solution is to cover the sun with an x by y
rectangular card. A control screw will move the
card edge toward and away from the target peak
point on the sun. One point of the sun's corona
exposed.

Although this causes a rather limited view of
flares, it fully allows flares to be imaged.

My telescope is having its Magnesium Oxide
film removed and replaced. The project is a
ball of mine. It will be a manual control.