Eros,Castalia,Toutatis,Vesta,Mathilda Gaspra,Ida & Dactyl

Old October 26th 03, 03:04 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Eros,Castalia,Toutatis,Vesta,Mathilda Gaspra,Ida & Dactyl

I like Castalia the best because I like peanuts. It interests me for it
tells me asteroids binary configurations can be common. Mathilda has a
surface blacker than coal. Here in Florida about 8 feet down are soft
rocks that are blacker than coal(Hmmm) Asteroids have different
features,both micro(atoms) and macro(struck by meteorites),and different
ages. Someday man will hallow out an asteroid,add widows and powerful
rockets,and make good use of this mountain size rock. With its great
force of inertia it could give us a fast safe ride. Bert

Old October 28th 03, 01:33 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Been thinking about Mathilda.It is a large asteroid. Has a very
eccentric orbit. Like I posted it is very black,and is loosely packed. I
read this is true of another asteroid called Eugenia,and this tells me
Mathilda is a rather common type asteroid. Now I posted 8 feet down here
in Florida there is clumps of loosely packed very black rocks. Had this
specimen in a jar stored in my garage. My wife surprised me and had my
garage cleaned out,and so went my jar. It is not easy digging down 8
feet,but every pool company has to do it. Florida got the fall out of
the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs,and if that specimen that was
in my jar contained carbonaceous chondrite,and I came up with putting
this with an asteroid of the same type as Mathilda(good thinking) I
should be remembered for that. I should get the Nobel,but my
chances are better hitting this weeks lotto Bert