Did Pricess Annes Pit Bull get the Beagle 2?

Old December 26th 03, 02:32 AM
Brian Sandle

Default Did Pricess Annes Pit Bull get the Beagle 2?

In sci.space.policy Anonymous wrote:
Q. Whats happening when you hear woof...splat...Meow...splat ?

A. Its raining cats and dogs..

Why dogs dont use computers-

-Cant stick their heads out of Windows
-Too difficult to "mark" every website they visit.
-Cant help attacking the screen when they hear "Youve Got Mail."
-Three words: Carpal Paw Syndrome
-Annoyed by lack of newsgroup, alt.pictures.masters.leg.
-Hard to read the monitor with your head cocked to one side.

-Their password is always WOOF.

-All that SPAM and you cant eat it.

-TrOgO DsAM,bN HyAqR4tDc TgrOo TgYPmE WeIjTyH PAzWqS,.

Too Damn Hard To Type With Paws.

All that certainly marsed the Christmas.

The area of the human brain for the hand gets taken over by the face if
the hand goes missing. So I presume the dog brain has a bigger area
related to the jaw, for carrying pups &c.

I suppose landers should be more passively detectable, with solar
panels possibly also functioning as corgner reflectors to reflect back
radar.

And some sort of voltage inverters could also act as extra medium wave
transmitters to get a signal out through any covering by a sand storm.

Can they tune the orbiter to look for anything like that?

Old December 26th 03, 02:50 AM
Brian Sandle

Default Spectrum analyse at Mars (Was: Did Pricess Annes Pit Bull get the Beagle 2?)

In sci.space.policy Brian Sandle wrote:
I suppose landers should be more passively detectable, with solar
panels possibly also functioning as corgner reflectors to reflect back
radar.

And some sort of voltage inverters could also act as extra medium wave
transmitters to get a signal out through any covering by a sand storm.

Can they tune the orbiter to look for anything like that?

Can the orbier do many frequency sweeps and send the result back to earth
for spectrum analysis and enhancement? Do any inverters on the Beagle emit
signals?

Old December 26th 03, 03:02 AM
Kurt Lochner

Brian Sandle wrote:

In sci.space.policy Brian Sandle wrote:

I suppose landers should be more passively detectable, with solar
panels possibly also functioning as corgner reflectors to reflect back
radar.

And some sort of voltage inverters could also act as extra medium wave
transmitters to get a signal out through any covering by a sand storm.

Can they tune the orbiter to look for anything like that?

Can the orbier do many frequency sweeps and send the result back

In a limited way, this sort of 'beacon' would result
from the frequencies absorbed/reflected by the lander
components by incoming radiations, which have to be
deduced/analyzed with a different sort of programmings)
to see that sort of spectra. In short, there's no "tricorder"
available as yet.. Bummer, hunh?

Radio frequencies used in this apparatus are not "sweepable" so far
as the receivers are concerned. Don't make me look that up, please..

Do any inverters on the Beagle emit signals?

Yes, and these inverters are shielded to keep them working though..

--I recall that it's spoken of as an "outer space" environment..

Old December 26th 03, 04:11 AM
Brian Sandle

In sci.space.policy Kurt Lochner wrote:
Brian Sandle wrote:
Can the orbier do many frequency sweeps and send the result back

In a limited way, this sort of 'beacon' would result
from the frequencies absorbed/reflected by the lander
components by incoming radiations, which have to be
deduced/analyzed with a different sort of programmings)
to see that sort of spectra. In short, there's no "tricorder"
available as yet.. Bummer, hunh?

Talking about seeing bits from a crashed craft.

I guess you would get nothing with some sort of spark transmitter to get a
wide band pulse and a wide band receiver, the result sent back to earth
for analysis?

Radio frequencies used in this apparatus are not "sweepable" so far
as the receivers are concerned. Don't make me look that up, please..

A tuned circuit amplifies a signal. How well can a spectrum analysis
program amplify a line to mathematically act like a tuned circuit?

Do any inverters on the Beagle emit signals?

Yes, and these inverters are shielded to keep them working though..

Do the presumably ferrite transformers have to be shielded greatly?

--I recall that it's spoken of as an "outer space" environment..

RIP poor little brave Beagle Christopher Policy 24 January 19th 04 08:50 AM
hope for Beagle 2 ? Simon Laub Science 7 January 18th 04 11:24 PM
Beagle 2 assistance Martin Milan Science 6 December 30th 03 03:50 PM
Did Pricess Annes Pit Bull get the Beagle 2? Brian Sandle Policy 3 December 26th 03 04:11 AM
Beagle 2 landing sequence - how? Abdul Ahad Technology 2 December 10th 03 11:55 AM