New Guy Filter Question . . .

Old October 30th 03, 03:34 AM
Mel Richman

Default New Guy Filter Question . . .

I just purchased my first telescope. It is an Orion XT8 Dob.
I also ordered a sun filter. What other type of filters do you recommend I
get to enhance my viewing ?
Thanks in advance,
Mel

Old October 30th 03, 07:28 PM
orion94nl

Hi Mel,

I got some webpages about the filters I use for Solar, Lunar, Planetary
and deepsky observing. Just follow this link:

http://www.backyard-astro.com/equipm...s/filters.html

There are also some useful links on these pages. If you have any
questions, please feel free to ask. My overall advice about astronomical
filters: don't be too quick spending your money. It often helps if you
first borrow them from a fellow astronomer or a local astronomy club
before you buy them.

Best regards,

Math
http://www.backyard-astro.com

Old October 30th 03, 07:28 PM
orion94nl

Mel Richman wrote:
I just purchased my first telescope. It is an Orion XT8 Dob.
I also ordered a sun filter. What other type of filters do you recommend I
get to enhance my viewing ?
Thanks in advance,
Mel

Sunspots with a coolpix 4500 and Baader Continuum filter orion94nl Amateur Astronomy 6 July 18th 04 11:32 AM
Filter Help!!!! Jon Yardley Misc 2 July 26th 03 05:01 PM
LPR filters Søren Kjærsgaard Amateur Astronomy 4 July 24th 03 11:04 PM
Best Brand of Narrowband Nebula/Skyglow Filter? Zan Hecht Amateur Astronomy 0 July 14th 03 12:11 AM