FWD: He's Dead Jim! Saddam Hussen hanged until he was dead, dead, dead!

Old December 30th 06, 05:10 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
OM[_4_]

Default FWD: He's Dead Jim! Saddam Hussen hanged until he was dead, dead, dead!

....CNN's reporting it. M$NBC is reporting it. Even FOX "News" is
reporting it. Hell, even I'm covering it on OMBlog. In any case, he's
got a new necktie and is not just a little bit taller, and a whole lot
deader. Too bad they didn't do this on Chrisnukkah, because we could
have used the present!

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old December 30th 06, 05:47 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 22:10:02 -0600, in a place far, far away, OM
made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

http://www.transterrestrial.com/arch...56.html#008256
Old December 30th 06, 07:12 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
[email protected]

OM wrote:
...CNN's reporting it. M$NBC is reporting it. Even FOX "News" is
reporting it. Hell, even I'm covering it on OMBlog. In any case, he's
got a new necktie and is not just a little bit taller, and a whole lot
deader.

No, he's not. I just saw him at the 7-11 with Elvis.

Old December 30th 06, 11:18 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

"OM" wrote in message
...CNN's reporting it. M$NBC is reporting it. Even FOX "News" is
reporting it. Hell, even I'm covering it on OMBlog. In any case, he's
got a new necktie and is not just a little bit taller, and a whole lot
deader. Too bad they didn't do this on Chrisnukkah, because we could
have used the present!

'This is cruel and unusual punishment!' said Moist.

'Indeed?' said Vetinari. 'I offer you a light desk job, comparative freedom
of movement, working in the fresh air . . . no, I feel that my offer might
well be unusual, but cruel? I think not. However, I believe we do have down
in the cellars some ancient punishments which are extremely cruel and in
many cases quite unusual, if you would like to try them for the purposes of
comparison. And, of course, there is always the option of dancing the sisal
two-step.'

'The what?' said Moist.

Drumknott leaned down and whispered something in his master's ear.

'Oh, I apologize,' said Vetinari. 'I meant of course the hemp fandango. It
is your choice, Mr Lipwig. There is always a choice, Mr Lipwig. Oh, and by
the way . . . do you know the second interesting thing about angels?'

'What angels?' said Moist, angry and bewildered.

'Oh, dear, people just don't pay attention,' said Vetinari. 'Remember? The
first interesting thing about angels? I told you yesterday? I expect you
were thinking about something else. The second interesting thing about
angels, Mr Lipwig, is that you only ever get *one*.'

-- Terry Pratchett, "Going Postal".

Old December 30th 06, 11:46 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On 29 Dec 2006 22:12:55 -0800, "
wrote:

OM wrote:
...CNN's reporting it. M$NBC is reporting it. Even FOX "News" is
reporting it. Hell, even I'm covering it on OMBlog. In any case, he's
got a new necktie and is not just a little bit taller, and a whole lot
deader.

No, he's not. I just saw him at the 7-11 with Elvis.

....Funny. One of the videos on OMBlog has a picture of him dressed as
Elvis leaving the building.

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old December 30th 06, 11:47 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:18:56 +0900, "Neil Gerace"
wrote:

"OM" wrote in message
.. .
...CNN's reporting it. M$NBC is reporting it. Even FOX "News" is
reporting it. Hell, even I'm covering it on OMBlog. In any case, he's
got a new necktie and is not just a little bit taller, and a whole lot
deader. Too bad they didn't do this on Chrisnukkah, because we could
have used the present!

'This is cruel and unusual punishment!' said Moist.

....No, cruel and unusual is *not* airing the full video of Saddam
getting his neck stretched.

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old December 30th 06, 06:56 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Rand Simberg wrote:

http://www.transterrestrial.com/arch...56.html#008256

Ah... nothing like "Hate For The Holidays". ;-)

Pat
Old December 30th 06, 07:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:56:21 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in

Rand Simberg wrote:

http://www.transterrestrial.com/arch...56.html#008256

Ah... nothing like "Hate For The Holidays". ;-)

Who said anything about "hate"?

I guess, like "racism," this is just another misuse of words when one
has no actual arguments.
Old December 30th 06, 08:03 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...No, cruel and unusual is *not* airing the full video of Saddam
getting his neck stretched.

Oh, just wait; if it was filmed, it will get posted on some website.
Pity they didn't stick him in that Iron Maiden that his kid had.
Wait a second..."The Long Ships"!
The Mare Of Steel...*
If we were going to get medieval on his ass, let's REALLY get medieval
on his ass!
http://www.net-monster.com/longships_2a.jpg
The Mare Of Steel is the only device that can make two half-eunuchs
simultaneously.
Bet we could have found a Shiite who would have loved to have held that
sword.
Yup, civilization and the democratic rights of man could have moved
forward... onto a blood-greased, razor-sharp, fifty-foot,
gravity-driven, sword edge.

* That thing should have shown up in a Conan movie. The two
giant-nail-spiked pads at its base ready to receive the split halves of
the victim's body were probably an unnecessary afterthought, but one
must always applaud thoroughness. ;-)

Pat
Old December 30th 06, 09:19 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Scott Hedrick

"OM" wrote in message
...CNN's reporting it. M$NBC is reporting it. Even FOX "News" is
reporting it. Hell, even I'm covering it on OMBlog. In any case, he's
got a new necktie and is not just a little bit taller, and a whole lot
deader. Too bad they didn't do this on Chrisnukkah, because we could
have used the present!

Doing it on a Suuni holiday is going to aggravate the problem. Better to
have waited one more day.

His followers are still going to go ape****, but now you've insulted Islam
as well as Saddam.

Personally, I'd prefer slowly raising the rope as opposed to letting him
drop.

FWD: He's Dead Jim! Saddam Hussen hanged until he was dead, dead, dead! OM Policy 80 January 9th 07 04:33 AM
Were all dead Chris SETI 6 January 19th 06 01:21 PM
With shuttle's fate largely sealed,does that mean winged spaceship is dead,and will remain dead in the forseeable future? [email protected] Space Shuttle 25 January 19th 06 11:21 AM
LIST OF DEAD AND/OR BRAIN-DEAD ANTHROPOLOGISTS -- Glaring Proof on eBay. Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 0 January 2nd 06 12:52 PM