New Scope & Mount - File 3 of 4 - M34-120sec-1024.jpg (0/1)

Old September 13th 11, 07:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Joseph Schmosovich

Default New Scope & Mount - File 3 of 4 - M34-120sec-1024.jpg (0/1)

..
....Purchased a (like) new mount earlier this year, a Losmandy HGM200 & a
new refractor, a FSQ85..was finally able to setup and make some progress on
my GEM learning curve this past wkend.. This was actually the 2nd time i've
had the opportunity to setup the first was pretty much just 'SetUp'
practice due to the temp & clouds.. this past wkend was able to actually
understand & learn how to polar align.. i also realized how spoiled i
was/am with the LX200 GOTO, heheh.. i converted one of my lx200 serial
cables to work with the NGCmax.. and thats when i discovered that NGCmax &
TheSky only just co-exist! ..so Polar-Align with NGCmax (several
iterations) then Dont Touch, connect & link with TheSky, pointing was
pretty darn good but a lil more time & effort and that will also improve..
seriously considering the Gemini 1 ctrl sys, swapping btwn hand-ctrl &
guiding cables a pain, it'll also allow me to remotely ctrl via my office..
i talked with Joe Nastasi over at Parallax 9.1'' rings, he'll fabricate
another for me, 3 rings and i shouldn't have 'any' flexure issues, more
weight(s) are also on my list.. Wont be long and my dream system will be
complete..(except for another cam..etc..etc..) Please find attached 4ea
images, quik, dirty i.e. minimal processing, single frames...
..