Online Star registry

Old December 10th 04, 09:09 PM
Wim Willemse

Default Online Star registry

Hey Folks,

Recently I've found an internet site which enables me to name a star as a
gift for a friend. Could someone tell me if " Online Star Register" is a
real scientific register or a fake virtual star register just to get money
out of it. The costs for registration are about USD 40,-. Thank you for your
advice in advance. See following link:
http://www.onlinestarregister.com/index.php

Regards,

Wim

Old December 10th 04, 11:45 PM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:09:58 +0100, Wim Willemse wrote:

Hey Folks,

Recently I've found an internet site which enables me to name a star as a
gift for a friend. Could someone tell me if " Online Star Register" is a
real scientific register or a fake virtual star register just to get money
out of it. The costs for registration are about USD 40,-. Thank you for your
advice in advance. See following link:
http://www.onlinestarregister.com/index.php

Regards,

Wim

It is not official, it's a novelty only. You can do the same thing on your
home printer if you're a little creative. Save your money for real gifts.

Old December 11th 04, 03:39 AM
Twittering One

And now,
With no further
Need for introduction,
A word from Mum ~

[I love you!]

“The Barker conscience would not
Ordinarily have permitted him
To do what he now did
But it was sleeping off the effects of the meltdown.
Taking advantage of this,
Barker phoned his secretary. “Something’s
Come up, Emily, and I won’t
Be able to meet my twelve o’clock class.
Would you be a dear
And run over to Grimm and put a note
On the door of my classroom?”

~ Anne Bernays,
From “Professor Romeo”
_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old December 11th 04, 05:48 AM
starlord

Totaly 100% WORTHLESS. Nothing but a SCAM for SUCKERS.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

"Wim Willemse" wrote in message
Hey Folks,

Recently I've found an internet site which enables me to name a star as a
gift for a friend. Could someone tell me if " Online Star Register" is a
real scientific register or a fake virtual star register just to get money
out of it. The costs for registration are about USD 40,-. Thank you for

your
advice in advance. See following link:
http://www.onlinestarregister.com/index.php

Regards,

Wim

---

Old December 11th 04, 05:53 AM
FAB

The IAU (International Astronomical Union) is the only body that can
give an astronomical object a name that is officially recognized by
the scientific community. Such names are under no circumstances sold.
FAB

Old December 11th 04, 02:12 PM
John Zinni

"Wim Willemse" wrote in message
Hey Folks,

Recently I've found an internet site which enables me to name a star as a
gift for a friend. Could someone tell me if " Online Star Register" is a
real scientific register or a fake virtual star register just to get money
out of it. The costs for registration are about USD 40,-. Thank you for

your
advice in advance. See following link:
http://www.onlinestarregister.com/index.php

Why buy a star for $40 when you can buy an entire galaxy for $19.99???
http://www.galaxiesrus.com/

Regards,

Wim

Old December 11th 04, 06:33 PM
anon

"John Zinni" wrote in message ...
"Wim Willemse" wrote in message
Hey Folks,

Recently I've found an internet site which enables me to name a star as a
gift for a friend. Could someone tell me if " Online Star Register" is a
real scientific register or a fake virtual star register just to get money
out of it. The costs for registration are about USD 40,-. Thank you for

your
advice in advance. See following link:
http://www.onlinestarregister.com/index.php

Why buy a star for $40 when you can buy an entire galaxy for $19.99???
http://www.galaxiesrus.com/

Regards,

Wim

Nice one. I found this on the site:

Legal Notice . Warning: GalaxysRus has filed notice with the American, Russian and Chinese governents that GalaxysRus are the only legitimate source of Freehold Galactic Title Deeds, any attempt by any persons anywhere to copy or otherwise infringe on this will prosecuted.

I think the inhabitants might have something to say about this.
Old December 11th 04, 11:08 PM
Richard Frodage

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:33:50 +0000, anon wrote:

Nice one. I found this on the site:

Legal Notice . Warning: GalaxysRus has filed notice with the American, Russian and Chinese governents that GalaxysRus are the only legitimate source of Freehold Galactic Title Deeds, any attempt by any persons anywhere to copy or otherwise infringe on this will prosecuted.

I think the inhabitants might have something to say about this.

Figure out how to lose the HTML in your posts....

Old December 11th 04, 11:23 PM
Lloyd Jones

Even the IAU no right.

How can you claim any rights on anything out of our world.

LJ

Old December 12th 04, 12:41 AM
Paul Lawler

"Lloyd Jones" wrote in
:

Even the IAU no right.

How can you claim any rights on anything out of our world.

Do you call Germany "Germany" or "Deutschland?" How do you claim any
rights on anything out of your country?

Because the names are used IN our world... you see?