Bill Vorce:

Old July 14th 05, 05:54 PM
jerry warner

Default Bill Vorce:

Is an idiot. Time has proven that only about one out of every ten
transactions one does with this guy turn out to be successful - the rest

always require shipping back for wrong parts, refunds, and constant
hassles.

Vorce just doesnt listen! Or isnt bright enough or is too busy to simply
take
the common sense approach and fill orders, or say he doesnt have what
you need
if that is the case, which often turns out to be the case.

Or he really doesnt care -

Thanks once again Bill.

Wormhole.

Old July 15th 05, 01:05 AM

That's funny, I've never had any problems with him and never had to
send anything back. He's always been honest with me either by phone or
Email. Granted, he carries used or liquidated stock but I've never
found him unreasonable.

Frank
Tucson

Old July 15th 05, 03:56 AM
Ed T

"jerry warner" wrote in message
Thanks once again Bill.

I had a few transactions with him years ago, he was great to deal with.

Ed T.

Old July 15th 05, 04:43 AM
CLT

I've also had no trouble and found him more than willing to talk about what
I was needing.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

To reply, remove Delete and change period com to period net
************************************************** ************

"Doink" wrote in message
Me either. Still use my $39 mount that Orion sells for $139 plus shipping

ups.com...

Old July 15th 05, 05:28 AM

Same here. I was looking for 114mm long tube Meade reflector. I
e-mailed him. Although it wasn't on his store, he said he had one at a
really reasonable price. I bought it--he sent it--I got it. Not a
problem. I would do business with him again--no question.

Old July 15th 05, 07:35 AM
jerry warner

The man is just totally unreliable, after multiple bothched transactions
going back years. He has cost us hundreds of dollars in botched
transactions
or "jury-rigged scopes" (on his end). The man is ..... a risk!

What provokes me this time is he didnt just screw me up but a whole project

involving others. I warned everyone we couldnt rely on this fellow and now
Bill has done it again!

I am convinced at this point Vorce really doesnt care. He is so ready to
blame others and never will take any personal responsibility for anything
HE himself has done .... he's a burden I just will not carry any longer.

I dont know. Maybe Bill Vorce is some kind of genius and just cant
understand
simple concepts like "cat" and "dog" .... "screw type filter cell" ... "10
inch
newtonian" .... "2inch not 1.25" .... "cat runs up hill, not down hill"

We just cant afford his genius any longer.
Jerry Warner

Old July 15th 05, 09:03 AM
Jean Dorsey

Jerry, you've put up wth a lot from this guy over the years. Your
consternation
especially under the present circumstances, is very understandable. Bill
Vorce never fulfilled one thing he said he would do, ever. I am at a loss
why you put up with him all these years when obviously others would not.
I don't think he ever filled one order of yours correctly.

I remember the time you sold a 12" Cave for a reasonable price, on
Astromart?
Mr. Vorce immediately contacted you by email and chewed you out for
not offering the scope to him. He appeared out of nowhere and was angry
because you hadnt offered the scope to him, for him to turn around and make
a large profit on? You said at the time you simply wanted to get rid of the
large Cave telescope and thought it would make some amateur happy, which
it did. I remember you sold it to a man in North Dakota and he drove nonstop

to pick it up at your residence.

But, Vorce's anger was very misplaced and even a little crazy. Vorce
didnt even make an offer on the telescope when it was advertised and out
of all the people on this planet why would anyone think of Bill Vorce,
first?
Vorce is a businessman, not an amateur.

So don't let this Bill Vorce get you down. He isn't worth the trouble.

Jeannie.

Old July 15th 05, 03:58 PM
shneor

Same here. I've had a number of transactions with Bill, and have never
been disappointed.

Clear skies,
Shneor Sherman

Old July 15th 05, 05:32 PM
G.T.

"John Steinberg" wrote in message
Darn, my kook meter just pegged to red.

Based upon a number of factors, some intuitive, some investigative,
some involving complex language algorithms, common sense, pattern
recognition and header examination, a finely tuned BS detector and
other proprietary tools at my disposal, I am 94.3% convinced that
"Jean Dorsey" is actually a jerry warner sock puppet.

Obviously.

Greg