How Misguided is the Present Establishment Science?

Old December 3rd 10, 03:25 AM posted to alt.sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Quadibloc

Default How Misguided is the Present Establishment Science?

On Dec 2, 7:00*am, Mark Fergerson wrote:

* Apparently you object to the concept of "profit".

* What's your *workable* alternative?

Well, if having to meter power makes the power cost more, and reduces
its usefulness, by preventing our cars from being powered by
electricity... then we'll just have to use our taxes to pay for it
instead. Factories that use large amounts of power to run their blast
furnaces, though, can always be barred by law from using the wireless
power for that, and they would have to use the wired power and pay for
it.

Nuclear power provided by breeder reactors is where we should get the
electricity that we can't get from hydroelectric dams or other non-
fossil-fuel sources.

Of course, broadcasting enough electric power to run the cars is not
_really_ feasible, since that much energy in radio waves is likely not
to be good for people - even if the fuss over cell phones is
overblown. This won't stop the Tesla faithful, of course. But if the
technology existed, socialized power would be a small price to pay for
ending fossil fuel use on the roads - hence preventing global warming.

John Savard