40 years since Apollo 11...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 24th 09, 06:05 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

Default 40 years since Apollo 11...

....and look where we still are.

Horsing around in a space station that doesn't even rotate to have the
artificial gravity necessary for proper life.

I mean really, we should have been way past going to Mars by now.

That is what all the poets thought back then, as in 2001 Space Odyssey
and Star Trek.

We should be well on our way to the stars, colonizing and spreading our seed
through the universe.

We should be traveling to other galaxies, to find the real Luke Skywalker
and Darth Vader.

And look at us...40 years after landing a man on the Moon, and we are still
in Earth orbit...

E.T. must be laughing at us.