Happy Birthday NASA

Old July 29th 06, 03:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Christopher[_1_]

Default Happy Birthday NASA

Exactly 48 years ago today Americas President Eisenhower sign the
American National Aeronautics and Space Act.

Since then NASA has done some remarkable advances culminating as far
as human space flight goes with Apollo 11 and the rest of the Apollo
missions. However since then NASA has become from my un American eyes
more and more timid afraid of the heath and safety lawyers, and over
bureaucratic, and content to just send humans into LEO.

Makes you wonder if NASA will be in existence in 2054 for it's 96th
Birthday. And if so what it will have achieved by then i.e. if we
will have journeyed beyond the Moon and have entered the solar system
proper? It's a somewhat moot question for me as I'll probably be long
dead by then. :-(

--
Christopher

Who cares who wins !!!
Old August 1st 06, 04:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rusty

Christopher wrote:
Exactly 48 years ago today Americas President Eisenhower sign the
American National Aeronautics and Space Act.

Since then NASA has done some remarkable advances culminating as far
as human space flight goes with Apollo 11 and the rest of the Apollo
missions. However since then NASA has become from my un American eyes
more and more timid afraid of the heath and safety lawyers, and over
bureaucratic, and content to just send humans into LEO.

Makes you wonder if NASA will be in existence in 2054 for it's 96th
Birthday. And if so what it will have achieved by then i.e. if we
will have journeyed beyond the Moon and have entered the solar system
proper? It's a somewhat moot question for me as I'll probably be long
dead by then. :-(

When they reach 55, maybe Boeing and Lockheed will give them a Senior
discount.

;-)

Rusty