Comet way off beam.look up at the sky! Isa.40:26.

Old January 25th 07, 03:12 AM posted to nz.general,sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Comet way off beam.look up at the sky! Isa.40:26.

from : ,

date: 09.07.00 13:32 pm. nzst. 14:39. 17:30 21:13
subject: Comet way off beam.look up at the sky! Isa.40:26.
========================

nz]] sunday times 8-11-1992. pg 10.
new sctst 24-10-92
evg post 26-10-92 wellington nz. AAP.
evg post 13-11-92. letters

its a worry
a huge comet is was on course to collide with earth in august 14,
2116..

i would not bet on the comet making a splash in lake taupo, wellgtn
amateur sky-watcher don mcdonald wrote to the sunday times this week...

he makes the following points //.

ng: nz.general, sci.math, sci.astro.amateur,rec.gambling.lottery
in reply pse quote myfile. fin soc mvp readg lookupskyz

remember periodic comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 [new zeal sci mthly
magaz.] which bombed a dozen fragments into the atmosphere
of planet Jupiter.

I cannot assess the risk to your planet Earth anymore.
Dominion Sunday Times, "comet Swift-Tuttle way off beam!"

** look up at the sky! Who created the stars you see?
The one who leads them out like an army, ...
Isaiah 40:26.

My function as an astronomer is thwarted by
wcc. wellington city council plan to install poorly designed
high luminance lighting at Hanson Court Flats, Newtown.

the **thief of the night. Light pollution.
housing branch.
GIVE IT BACK. I WANT TO SEE THE STARS.**

/see also search nz.general,
lights.who U gonna call.darksky/ hansonct. www.3towers.com

"He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing."

wcc. Housing manager has stolen the army of stars.
they are **all missing, you blasted** housing thief.
GIVE THEM BACK. Thief of the night.

You have to go to a museum, golden bay planetarium,
to see dark sky. I cannot navigate. I cannot
predict comets, (E. Halley, Adams Art Gallery, VUW, Kelburn.)

S*tars A*re F*or E*veryone. (S*A*F*E*)

Look at 1st-quarter moon tonight, Sunday. North.
F/ 63/ Ct*** should not have 3 car parks within the
city coupon parking zone. Is your journey really necessary?

Global warming greenhouse gases causes (wacko) floods,
India deaths. TV "Storm warning."

1 Cor. 15:41
The sun has its own beauty, the moon another beauty, and
the stars a different beauty: and even among stars there
are different kinds of beauty. (T.E.V.)
.... star differs from star in splendor.

/ don.mcdonald

call mindr hit # to record, no http, no MS WORD.

Old January 25th 07, 06:40 PM posted to nz.general,sci.astro.amateur
Bob Howard

wrote in message
ups.com...
from : ,

My function as an astronomer is thwarted by
wcc. wellington city council plan to install poorly designed
high luminance lighting at Hanson Court Flats, Newtown.

the **thief of the night. Light pollution.
housing branch.
GIVE IT BACK. I WANT TO SEE THE STARS.**

About 20 years ago I was staying at a motor camp at Bowentown, 9 ks along
the beach from Waihi. There is a hill behind the camp with a road leading up
to a lookout. Near the top the lights of Waihi are screened off and being
reserved bush land there is no lighting the other way. The air seemed to be
still at the same time. I have never had such a clear view of the sky. The
moon looked like a sharp edged cardboard cutout. Venus nearby was very
bright. The view from most towns is a pale imitation. The sky must have been
a great spectacle to early man leading to all the myths which developed.

Bob Howard.