HOW THEORETICAL SCIENCE DIED

Old May 20th 08, 06:23 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default HOW THEORETICAL SCIENCE DIED

On Apr 18, 11:20 am, Pentcho Valev wrote in
sci.physics.relativity:
There used to be a grand secret between hypnotists in Einstein
criminal cult: Special relativity is wrong because the speed of light
is variable, not constant, but fortunately Divine Albert managed to
introduce the variability of the speed of light in general relativity
(so the theory could give correct predictions) and eventually
camouflaged the problem so perfectly that no ordinary mortal would
ever be able to see the fraud:

http://www.logosjournal.com/issue_4.3/smolin.htm Lee Smolin: "Quantum
theory was not the only theory that bothered Einstein. Few people have
appreciated how dissatisfied he was with his own theories of
relativity. Special relativity grew out of Einstein's insight that the
laws of electromagnetism cannot depend on relative motion and that the
speed of light therefore must be always the same, no matter how the
source or the observer moves. Among the consequences of that theory
are that energy and mass are equivalent (the now-legendary
relationship E = mc2) and that time and distance are relative, not
absolute. SPECIAL RELATIVITY WAS THE RESULT OF 10 YEARS OF
INTELLECTUAL STRUGGLE, YET EINSTEIN HAD CONVINCED HIMSELF IT WAS WRONG
WITHIN TWO YEARS OF PUBLISHING IT."

http://www.pitt.edu/~jdnorton/papers...UP_TimesNR.pdf "What Can
We Learn about the Ontology of Space and Time from the Theory of
Relativity?", John D. Norton: "In general relativity there is no
comparable sense of the constancy of the speed of light. The constancy
of the speed of light is a consequence of the perfect homogeneity of
spacetime presumed in special relativity. There is a special velocity
at each event; homogeneity forces it to be the same velocity
everywhere. We lose that homogeneity in the transition to general
relativity and with it we lose the constancy of the speed of light.
Such was Einstein's conclusion at the earliest moments of his
preparation for general relativity. ALREADY IN 1907, A MERE TWO YEARS
AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE SPECIAL THEORY, HE HAD CONCLUDED THAT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT IS VARIABLE IN THE PRESENCE OF A GRAVITATIONAL FIELD."

Yet for some time something strange has been going on in Einstein
criminal cult: the grand secret is still there but nevertheless famous
Einsteinians do not want to live anymore in the schizophrenic world
they have created:

http://www.edge.org/q2008/q08_5.html
John Baez: "On the one hand we have the Standard Model, which tries to
explain all the forces except gravity, and takes quantum mechanics
into account. On the other hand we have General Relativity, which
tries to explain gravity, and does not take quantum mechanics into
account. Both theories seem to be more or less on the right track —
but until we somehow fit them together, or completely discard one or
both, our picture of the world will be deeply schizophrenic.....I
realized I didn't have enough confidence in either theory to engage in
these heated debates. I also realized that there were other questions
to work on: questions where I could actually tell when I was on the
right track, questions where researchers cooperate more and fight
less. So, I eventually decided to quit working on quantum gravity."

Why are Einsteinians abandoning Einsteiniana so eagerly? Looking for
truth? Impossible. Truth is the last thing Einsteinians would ever
look for. The explanation is simple: MONEY is NOT flowing anymore
towards Einstein criminal cult:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/conten...y/307/5711/869
"We're So Sorry, Uncle Albert. NASA's new focus on exploration closer
to home may derail missions aimed at torture-testing Einstein's
relativistic ideas."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected...ecfgravb28.xml
"Did Einstein get all his sums right?.....Last week, an American probe
began an 18-month mission to put Einstein's prediction to the test, 90
years after he unveiled his ideas in Berlin. Gravity Probe B was
blasted into space from the Vandenberg Air Force Base in California on
a Boeing Delta 2 rocket and will orbit the Earth for more than a year.
The $700 million joint mission between Nasa and Stanford University,
conceived in 1958, uses four of the most perfect spheres ever created
inside the world's largest Thermos flask to detect minute distortions
in the fabric of the universe.....Sir MartinRees, the Astronomer
Royal, said: "The project's a technical triumph, and a triumph of the
persistence and lobbying power of Stanford University. But its
gestation has been grotesquely prolonged, and the cost overruns have
been equally gross. I recall hearing a talk about the project from
FrancisEveritt(principal investigator) when I was still a student -
and it was already well advanced. "Back in the 1960s the evidence for
Einstein's theory was meagre - just two tests, with 10 per cent
precision. But relativity is now confirmed by several tests, with
precision of one part in 10,000. It's still, in principle, good to
have new and different tests. But the level of confidence in
Einstein's theory is now so high that an announcement of the expected
result will 'fork no lightening'. "Moreover, if there's an unexpected
result, I suspect most people will suspect an error in this very
challenging experiment rather than immediately abandon Einstein:
There's now so much evidence corroborating Einstein, that a high
burden of proof is required before he'll be usurped by any rival
theory. "So the most exciting - if un-alluring - outcome of Gravity
Probe B would be a request by Stanford University for another huge sum
of money to repeat it."

Einsteinians used to argue: "Well, if Einstein's theory is wrong, what
is right? What do you propose?". Soon nobody will be able to propose
anything and, what is even more important, nobody will be able to
consider any proposal:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20.../22/schools.g2
"We are nearing the end of the "World Year of Physics", otherwise
known as Einstein Year, as it is the centenary of his annus mirabilis
in which he made three incredible breakthroughs, including special
relativity. In fact, it was 100 years ago yesterday that he published
the most famous equation in the history of physics: E=mc2. But instead
of celebrating, physicists are in mourning after a report showed a
dramatic decline in the number of pupils studying physics at school.
The number taking A-level physics has dropped by 38% over the past 15
years, a catastrophic meltdown that is set to continue over the next
few years. The report warns that a shortage of physics teachers and a
lack of interest from pupils could mean the end of physics in state
schools. Thereafter, physics would be restricted to only those
students who could afford to go to posh schools. Britain was the home
of Isaac Newton, Michael Faraday and Paul Dirac, and Brits made world-
class contributions to understanding gravity, quantum physics and
electromagnetism - and yet the British physicist is now facing
extinction. But so what? Physicists are not as cuddly as pandas, so
who cares if we disappear?"

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/ingdahl2.html
"But there has been a marked global decrease of students willing to
study physics, and funding has decreased accordingly. Not only that,
the best students are not heading for studies in physics, finding
other fields more appealing, and science teachers to schools are
getting scarcer in supply. In fact, warning voices are being heard
about the spread of a "scientific illiteracy" where many living in
technologically advanced societies lack the knowledge and the ability
for critical thinking in order to function in their daily
environment."

Einsteiniana is dying quickly and yet it will be extremely difficult
to restore science:

http://space.newscientist.com/articl...1_head_dn13938
"A NASA review appears to spell the end for Gravity Probe B, the
project conceived in the 1960s to measure how the Earth warps the
fabric of nearby space-time.....It recommended that Gravity Probe B
receive no additional funding after its current funding runs out in
September. Launched in 2004, the satellite used four precision-
engineered gyroscopes to measure two effects – called the geodetic
effect and frame dragging – predicted by Einstein's theory of general
relativity....Gravity Probe B's principal investigator, Stanford
University physicist Francis Everitt, could not be reached for
comment."

Pentcho Valev

Old May 20th 08, 06:55 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Michael Helland

On May 19, 10:23 pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:

Einsteiniana is dying quickly and yet it will be extremely difficult
to restore science:

The issue is a coherent alternative.

What is it?

The problem with fringe researchers and crackpots is that their best
quality, individuality, works against them through their inability to
collaborate and develop some sort of movement.
Old May 20th 08, 07:09 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

On May 20, 7:55*am, Michael Helland wrote:
On May 19, 10:23 pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:

Einsteiniana is dying quickly and yet it will be extremely difficult
to restore science:

The issue is a coherent alternative.

What is it?

What do you think is the "coherent alternative" of 2+2=5 in Big
Brother's world:

http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/ George Orwell "1984":
"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and
you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make
that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.
Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of
external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy. The heresy
of heresies was common sense. And what was terrifying was not that
they would kill you for thinking otherwise, but that they might be
right. For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or
that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If
both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if
the mind itself is controllable what then?"

Pentcho Valev

Old May 20th 08, 08:48 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Robert J. Kolker[_2_]

Pentcho Valev wrote:

Pentcho Valev

Dead Theoretical Science has lead to the development of the computer on
which you spew your nonsense.

Bob Kolker
Old May 20th 08, 09:58 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.maths,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

On May 20, 9:48*am, "Robert J. Kolker" wrote:
Pentcho Valev wrote:

Pentcho Valev

Dead Theoretical Science has lead to the development of the computer on
which you spew your nonsense.

Bob Kolker

Sometimes your Masters find it profitable to hint at something that
CAN be called "Dead Theoretical Science":

http://www.nyas.org/publications/Upd...sp?UpdateID=41
Lee Smolin: "Then, about 30 years ago, something changed. The last
time there was a definitive advance in our knowledge of fundamental
physics was the construction ofthe theory we call the standard model
of particle physics in 1973. The last time a fundamental theory was
proposed that has since gotten any support from experiment was a
theory about the very early universe called inflation, which was
proposed in 1981.....A growing number of theoretical physicists,
myself among them, see the present situation as a crisis that requires
us to reexamine the assumptions behind our so-far unsuccessful
theories. I should emphasize that this crisis involves only
fundamental physics—that part of physics concerned with discovering
the laws of nature."

Pentcho Valev