A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francis at ANU, March 2010



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 16th 12, 05:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
metspitzer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 71
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francis at ANU, March 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related

One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?
15 min

He says yes. (Which means there never was nothing) Shouldn't the
answer be, we don't know.

  #2  
Old June 16th 12, 05:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,114
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francisat ANU, March 2010

On 6/16/2012 12:22 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related

One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?


The real mystery is why you would bother me with such a stupid question?

No offense.












--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo
  #3  
Old June 16th 12, 05:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Aunt Six of Nine or Half-dozen of the Other of the Borg
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 48
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francis at ANU, March 2010

In article ,
Metspitzer wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related

One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?
15 min

He says yes. (Which means there never was nothing) Shouldn't the
answer be, we don't know.


The answer is no. Fusion and isotope decay drive nuclei towards iron which has
the lowest energy/nucleon and so the lowest mass/nucleon. That mass is converted
to photons and kinetic energy.

The total mass-energy of any closed system (such as the universe) is assumed
conserved (conservation of energy).

--
Aren't you special. Tell me your problems.
  #4  
Old June 17th 12, 12:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,511
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francis at ANU, March 2010


"Aunt Six of Nine or Half-dozen of the Other of the Borg"
wrote in message
...
In article ,
Metspitzer wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related

One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?
15 min

He says yes. (Which means there never was nothing) Shouldn't the
answer be, we don't know.


The answer is no. Fusion and isotope decay drive nuclei towards iron which
has
the lowest energy/nucleon and so the lowest mass/nucleon. That mass is
converted
to photons and kinetic energy.

The total mass-energy of any closed system (such as the universe) is
assumed
conserved (conservation of energy).



You preposterously dumb and ignorant slut !!!
Iron is the very last element created in the fusion process of stars. Iron
absorbs more energy than all the previous fusion processes, and thus gravity
finally wins the battle. If the Star is less than 1.8 solar masses, it
sloughs off
its grotesquely expanded outer shell and ultimately becomes a White Dwarf.
If it has a mass of greater then 1.8 solar masses, a Super Nova will ensue,
which then creates all the heavier than iron elements or metals.
Ultimately, that "Star Stuff" is used to make mental midgets like you.
You're welcome.


  #5  
Old June 23rd 12, 12:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,655
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francisat ANU, March 2010

On Jun 16, 12:22*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related

One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?
15 min

He says yes. *(Which means there never was nothing) *Shouldn't the
answer be, we don't know.


QM Will not allow "Nothing" Energy is intinsic to space. Force of
gravity is intrinsic to the cosmos. To create something from nothing
is not possible. I have posted how the first big bang came to be many
times. TreBert
  #6  
Old June 23rd 12, 02:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,175
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francisat ANU, March 2010

On Jun 22, 4:27*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Jun 16, 12:22*pm, Metspitzer wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related


One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?
15 min


He says yes. *(Which means there never was nothing) *Shouldn't the
answer be, we don't know.


QM Will not allow "Nothing" *Energy is intinsic to space. Force of
gravity is intrinsic to the cosmos. *To create something from nothing
is not possible. *I have posted how the first big bang came to be many
times. * TreBert


Yes you have told us many times, and your interpretation as to how
this universe came to be is as good as any. I agree, you can't get
something from nothing, and those many super-duper BHs for creating
galaxies had to exist long before our universe of galaxies plus
everything in between could be created.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG, Guth Usenet/Guth
Venus
  #7  
Old June 23rd 12, 04:37 AM posted to alt.astronomy
metspitzer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 71
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francis at ANU, March 2010

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:39:02 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth
wrote:

On Jun 22, 4:27*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Jun 16, 12:22*pm, Metspitzer wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related


One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?
15 min


He says yes. *(Which means there never was nothing) *Shouldn't the
answer be, we don't know.


QM Will not allow "Nothing" *Energy is intinsic to space. Force of
gravity is intrinsic to the cosmos. *To create something from nothing
is not possible. *I have posted how the first big bang came to be many
times. * TreBert


Yes you have told us many times, and your interpretation as to how
this universe came to be is as good as any. I agree, you can't get
something from nothing, and those many super-duper BHs for creating
galaxies had to exist long before our universe of galaxies plus
everything in between could be created.

Lawrence Krauss at 14 min.
http://www.colbertnation.com/full-ep...awrence-krauss
Cool shoes
  #8  
Old June 23rd 12, 09:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,175
Default The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francisat ANU, March 2010

On Jun 22, 8:37*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:39:02 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth









wrote:
On Jun 22, 4:27*pm, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Jun 16, 12:22*pm, Metspitzer wrote:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n19HI...eature=related


One of the greatest unsolved mystery is.........Is the amount of
matter we have now the same as the creation of the universe?
15 min


He says yes. *(Which means there never was nothing) *Shouldn't the
answer be, we don't know.


QM Will not allow "Nothing" *Energy is intinsic to space. Force of
gravity is intrinsic to the cosmos. *To create something from nothing
is not possible. *I have posted how the first big bang came to be many
times. * TreBert


Yes you have told us many times, and your interpretation as to how
this universe came to be is as good as any. *I agree, you can't get
something from nothing, and those many super-duper BHs for creating
galaxies had to exist long before our universe of galaxies plus
everything in between could be created.


Lawrence Krauss at 14 min.http://www.colbertnation.com/full-ep...2012-lawrence-...
Cool shoes


If the original creation or progenitor BH was worth 5e56 kg, and its
polar jets have each been ongoing at an outflux of 2e30 kg/sec, as
such this interpretation could make some sense of it all.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GREATEST MYSTERIES SOLVED (in only one line) Bullshit Remover Astronomy Misc 0 June 22nd 09 01:44 PM
President Ron Paul might let the Space Shuttle flying beyond 2010. :-) Craig Fink History 2 October 13th 07 02:22 AM
President Ron Paul might let the Space Shuttle flying beyond 2010. :-) Craig Fink Space Station 1 October 12th 07 11:57 AM
President Ron Paul might let the Space Shuttle flying beyond 2010. :-) Craig Fink Policy 0 October 12th 07 11:57 AM
[WWW] Started a page on the greatest mysteries of science [email protected] Research 0 October 14th 06 09:25 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.