"Frontiers of Space", "Handbook of Model Rocketry," etc. for sale

Old March 23rd 04, 08:24 PM
Pat Flannery

Default "Frontiers of Space", "Handbook of Model Rocketry," etc. forsale

Ami Silberman wrote:

Yup, been there, done that. Also when you upgrade (paperback to hardback,
ex-libris to remainder, underlined&highlighted to near mint, sticky to
non-sticky...)

Coverless with peanut butter and cheese oil stains, to covered....and
_ready_ for peanut butter and cheese oil stains....

Pat

Old March 23rd 04, 08:31 PM
Pat Flannery

Ami Silberman wrote:

sticky to non-sticky...)

Hmm. Not a problem I've had to deal with... perhaps you're usign the
books wrong....

Depends on the subject...
Cook books and repair manuals often get greasy, combine with a bit of house
dust and now you have the book that won't let you put it down.

We won't even mention how secondhand* Playboys get sticky, will we?
No, we are FAR to tasteful for that....

Pat
* There is a really dirty pun there somewhere.
(Frantically trying to open the centerfold with a mallet and chisel :-D )

Old March 23rd 04, 10:53 PM
LooseChanj

On or about Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:31:05 -0600, Pat Flannery
made the sensational claim that:
We won't even mention how secondhand* Playboys get sticky, will we?

I believe you just did.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | Just because something
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | is possible, doesn't

Old March 24th 04, 05:55 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Ami Silberman wrote:

sticky to non-sticky...)

Hmm. Not a problem I've had to deal with... perhaps you're usign the
books wrong....

Depends on the subject...
Cook books and repair manuals often get greasy, combine with a bit of

house
dust and now you have the book that won't let you put it down.

We won't even mention how secondhand* Playboys get sticky, will we?
No, we are FAR to tasteful for that....

Because the first hand is busy?

Now on the gripping hand... I don't have a witty comeback. Dang.

Old March 24th 04, 06:09 AM
Pat Flannery

LooseChanj wrote:

On or about Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:31:05 -0600, Pat Flannery
made the sensational claim that:

We won't even mention how secondhand* Playboys get sticky, will we?

I believe you just did.

Somehow the devil got behind me... I've just got to take that "Honk if
you're the Prince Of Darkness!" bumper sticker off of the car....

Pat

Old March 24th 04, 06:55 AM
Pat Flannery

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

We won't even mention how secondhand* Playboys get sticky, will we?
No, we are FAR to tasteful for that....

Because the first hand is busy?

Now on the gripping hand... I don't have a witty comeback. Dang.

Now we know what drove Eddie crazy?

Pat

Old March 26th 04, 02:49 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
We won't even mention how secondhand* Playboys get sticky, will we?
No, we are FAR to tasteful for that....

Lessee...as I recall, in the book "Videodrome"...the hero is trying to sell
porn videos to some Japanese entrepreneurs...there was some discussion as to
why there were two guys at once...then they all laughed as they realized
that the guy on top was the samurai, and the other guy was his *second*, who
was supposed to finish the job if the first guy couldn't...

Old March 27th 04, 12:09 AM
Scott Ferrin

On 19 Mar 2004 13:54:13 -0800, (Scott Lowther)
wrote:

Going soon...

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=dynasco tt

Also for sale "Space Settlements, A Design Study," “Space
Flight” by Carsbie Adams and a collection of Soviet/US space art
prints.

Can't call yourself versed in the history of SSTO's if ya don't have a
copy of "Frontiers of Space..."

Just FYI if the Space Settlements, A Design Study is the one done in
1974 it is available in PDF format online. It's a 30Mb DL though.
Old March 27th 04, 01:56 AM
Scott Lowther

Scott Ferrin wrote:

Just FYI if the Space Settlements, A Design Study is the one done in
1974 it is available in PDF format online. It's a 30Mb DL though.

It's a Good Thing that a lot of these docuemnts are being made avaialbel
online as PDF... but a lot is lost in the translation. Not only image
quality (some are REALLY bad), but also... just the *feel* of having the
actual book. Sorta sucks the soul out of a book.

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
Old March 27th 04, 02:35 AM
Jim Davis

Scott Ferrin wrote:

Just FYI if the Space Settlements, A Design Study is the one
done in 1974 it is available in PDF format online. It's a 30Mb
DL though.

Can you post a link? I've only seen it in html format he

http://lifesci3.arc.nasa.gov/SpaceSe...udy/Table_of_C
ontents1.html

Jim Davis