easter dates

Old February 19th 08, 12:26 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
p forsdick

Default easter dates

Hello again
thanks for the reply a very good site indeed
I have come across a difference so I am just checking.

you do not mention a possible interval of 22 years but I believe that 3026
and 3048 are both on 26th March

Paul

Old February 19th 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Dr J R Stockton[_1_]

In uk.sci.astronomy message .
co.uk, Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:26:24, p forsdick
posted:

When replying to an article, please use "Follow-up" rather than "Reply".

thanks for the reply a very good site indeed
I have come across a difference so I am just checking.

you do not mention a possible interval of 22 years but I believe that 3026
and 3048 are both on 26th March

They are. And so is Easter 3037 - so that 22 years is two intervals of
11 years.

Since Easter dates repeat every 5700000 years, the list of intervals
between consecutive Easters of the same date is necessarily finite.

Since there are only 35 possible dates for Easter, the list of intervals
between Easters of the same date is necessarily infinite.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms

Easter dates p forsdick UK Astronomy 14 February 28th 08 03:10 PM
Easter Egg and Gravity G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 14 March 29th 05 10:40 PM
Easter flyby - Jupiter near the moon Jeff R Amateur Astronomy 2 March 27th 05 06:45 AM
Easter date (millionth time asked, sorry) [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 6 March 20th 05 09:04 PM
Easter - The Holy Shroud and His Mystery crescinilorenzo Amateur Astronomy 1 March 15th 04 07:29 PM