ASTRO: M65 and M66 Galaxies

Old February 21st 04, 04:43 AM
Bill Meyers

Default ASTRO: M65 and M66 Galaxies

Yep, I have got to rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/images several times, but can't seem
to find the CPT18 images among your other images, neither among "new images" nor
"latest images" nor "equipment." . I may be missing something, but I am for
sure at the right web site. I have not received your email either. (We may be in
parallel universes, that probably explains it.) My email address is my name
substituted for the name of the constellation.
Ciao,
Bill Meyers

Richard Crisp wrote:

I am puzzled that the links below did not work for you. Is that what you are
saying?

Full Resolution:
http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...8_bmw540_1.jpg

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...8_bmw540_2.jpg

VGA resolution (640x480):

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...40_1_small.jpg

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...40_2_small.jpg

I sent you an email separately addressing some of the other comments you
made.

Best
Richard

"Bill Meyers" wrote in message
Hello, Richard,
I went to the web site and there are great images by you but nothing

on the
CPT18 seems to have arrived yet.
A couple of years ago, Ray Gralak was using a CPT18 and he achieved

some
remarkable images, but there has been silence from that quarter as far as

CPT
images go, as far as I know. But there is a lot I don't know since I was
turned down for membership in the TAC imaging mailing list. (This was

actually a
high for me, since I had hardly ever been turned down for anything

before,
except the time I flunked the Army draft exemption because of too low a

score
on the written test.)
I feel I know Mark Wagner well, though we have never met. Our email
correspondence has been extensive. He is a classy guy and stands behind

his
products. I own a CPT10. The quality of the CNC machining work on it is
excellent. The First Base mount works wonderfully. The CPTs do indeed

collapse
into a very small volume for transport, and they are easily set up for
observing. I think you will like the CPT18, but as you imply, the folding
aluminum OTAs are not lightweight, just a remarkably compact precision

OTA with
a remarkably compact and very stable First Base mount, in the case of the
CPT10..
I look forward to the arrival of the CPT18 photos on darkhorizons,

and to
hearing your experience with it.
Clear skies to you. You use them well.
Bill Meyers

Richard Crisp wrote:

"Bill Meyers" wrote in message
Hi, Richard,
Another great image! Keep them coming! You are keeping SAA alive.
How is your CPT18 working out? I understand you have found a way

have it
function as both a Newtonian and a Cassegrain? When you have a

chance,
could
you post pictures of this set up, or pictures taken with it? When you

have
chance.
Ciao,

Thanks Bill.

Actually just yesterday I took delivery of the CPT18 frame. The optics

are
on order with expected delivery in May or June.

I am working on solving the problem of how to support the instruments

and
baffle tube with a rear endcap sort of thing.

The frame is a monster, but it fits in the backseat of my wife's car:

I snapped a couple of shots before I unloaded it. Mark Wagner of

Resource
International, the maker of the frame, had requested I shoot these. They
show that it really is portable.

Old February 21st 04, 04:50 AM
Richard Crisp

well i did not put any hyperlinks to the images on my webpage. I just gave
hard links

do these work?

Full Resolution:
http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...8_bmw540_1.jpg
http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...8_bmw540_2.jpg

VGA resolution (640x480):
http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...40_1_small.jpg
http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...40_2_small.jpg

When you described your email address, you weren't specific enough for me to
decode. Is the name that is substituted for the constellation your first
name, last name or them concatenated together?

Old February 21st 04, 05:35 AM
Bill Meyers

Hi, Richard,
my first name, then a dot, then my last name, then an at, then you see.
All lower case as befits my understated personality. . Mark has my email
address as well.
I had never thought of the difference between a hyperlink and a hard link
or even understood the difference. Guess they won't be taking the trouble to
send my job to India. I cut and pasted the hard links and the photos came up.
Quite a beautiful OTA, and remarkable that an OTA can fit into the back seat of
a small car.
Cordially,
Bill Meyers