ASTRO: Final Eline Crab of the season

Old April 11th 07, 05:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Final Eline Crab of the season

this is likely to be the last one for me this season. As it stands now I can
squeeze in a bit more than a single half hour exposure per night before the
crab is in the trees.

so this will be as good as it is going to get this season....

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m1_...sO3S2_page.htm

I have a lot more data I have taken but not so much with decent seeing....

at this image scale, 0.42arc-sec/pixel, it needs to be from nights of good
seeing to look any good.

it is a total of six hours typically taken one to three frames per night.
There were 12 frames of a half hour each.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m1_mk1sn2_cm10_geg_BaaderHa_Cs_O3S2_12x30min_svga.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	633
Old April 11th 07, 10:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
t...
this is likely to be the last one for me this season. As it stands now I
can squeeze in a bit more than a single half hour exposure per night
before the crab is in the trees.

so this will be as good as it is going to get this season....

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m1_...sO3S2_page.htm

I have a lot more data I have taken but not so much with decent
seeing....

at this image scale, 0.42arc-sec/pixel, it needs to be from nights of
good seeing to look any good.

it is a total of six hours typically taken one to three frames per night.
There were 12 frames of a half hour each.

Wow. You are really performing wonders with that Stinger 450. By the way,
thanks for posting that .pdf file. Lots of beautiful images, and good
information.

George

Old April 12th 07, 05:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

looks cool with that color presentation... nice stars...

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old April 14th 07, 09:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great detail Richard.
Colour looks different from your usual "Hubble" palette, or is it just the
object?

Stefan

t...

Old April 14th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
Great detail Richard.
Colour looks different from your usual "Hubble" palette, or is it just the
object?

it's the object

the crab is truly unique in the heavens....