Take a look at this Astromart response;

Old December 28th 04, 09:21 PM
RichA

Default Take a look at this Astromart response;

I received this today:

Good day to you.I humbly write as directed by a client who is
intersted in purchasing your '' TeleVue Equalizer . However,I will
like to know your last offer,view its picture and to know its present
condition.Also talking of the Shipment to Australia, One of my
Associate will arrange for the shipment.Who resides In canada and she
has agreed to make the payment by
Cashier Cheque.Also understand that the Cheque will surely clear for
the
full payment.Moreover, I want you to do understand better, Below is
the Shipping Address :

Shipping Address:
Del Mar Electronics
# 1037 Melbourne Street ,
NORTH ADELAIDE,
SA 5006 ,
AUSTRALIA.
Fax # {131} 52173204
Tell : +618 8416 0864.But My Phone developed some technical problems,I
believe it will be ok soon.I shall give you a call as soon it ok.I
will like to know more about the Present Condition of it, If it okay,I
will be glad to purchase it from you.Most Important in about the
Picture
of it,Do forward the Picture of to my e-mailbox . However,I will be
glad to view the
picture of it and to know its present condition.Kindly forward to me
the Information inwhich the payment will be made out to you, Asking
below..
Full name that will be written on Cheque.........:::
Full address..{P.o Box Or Residential Address} ............:::
State...............:::
City................:::
Zip Code...........:::
Home,office,cell phone #......:::
Country..............:::

All this information is needed to that the payment can be sent to
you.
I want you to respond to my mail if you are satisfied with the
content
of this letter.You can aswell Fax to me regarding the transaction. Fax
Number...:
{131} 52173204 Extend my greetings to your family.I will await your
Urgent respond.
Thank you and best Regards.

Old December 28th 04, 10:52 PM
John Kulczycki

Got one of these too! from the same place. Last time it was someone in
Africa.
If you go to:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/

Paul has a good write up on this sort of thing.

John

Old December 28th 04, 11:40 PM
The Ancient One

"RichA" wrote in message
news
I received this today:

Hate to change the subject, but I was wondering if Astromart was still up,
my computer was down for a month and since I got it working again the link
to it no longer works. Where did it go?

Old December 28th 04, 11:43 PM
Paul S. Walsh

It's still very much alive and well at:

http://www.astromart.com/

However, you may need to re-set your bookmark to it.

-Paul S. Walsh

Old December 29th 04, 12:01 AM
The Ancient One

"Paul S. Walsh" wrote in message
It's still very much alive and well at:

http://www.astromart.com/

However, you may need to re-set your bookmark to it.

That works, many thanks!

Old December 29th 04, 12:04 AM

Ask for a Intl. Can. Postal Money Order, and see what the responce is.
DL Smallen

Old December 29th 04, 12:25 AM
RichA

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:52:00 -0500, John Kulczycki
wrote:

Got one of these too! from the same place. Last time it was someone in
Africa.
If you go to:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/

Paul has a good write up on this sort of thing.

John

Yes, I read that! It's what made me wonder why
someone would have an "agent" buying a small-dollar
item.
-Rich
Old December 29th 04, 01:55 AM
starlord

I wouldn't trust that deal as far as I could throw my car! Earlyer this year
I had something like that, where they wanted to buy a JBT kitten from me,
they "Said" they mailed me a cashers check via FedEx, but it never showed up
and I sent a copy of everything to the FBI office in L.A.

It was a scam.

--

The Christmas Star
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/Xmasstar.htm
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

"CHASLX200" wrote in message
***************************************
Just think if it was a C-14 or something God only knows what all he would

ask
ya to do!!!

Chas P.

---

Old December 29th 04, 04:17 AM
Paul Gustafson

"starlord" wrote in message
I wouldn't trust that deal as far as I could throw my car! Earlyer this
year
I had something like that, where they wanted to buy a JBT kitten from me,
they "Said" they mailed me a cashers check via FedEx, but it never showed
up
and I sent a copy of everything to the FBI office in L.A.

It was a scam.

Here's someone who scams the scammers. Pretty funny reading, she's got a
wicked sense of humor.

http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

Paul Gustafson

Old December 29th 04, 04:23 AM
Herb York

I do not think that is a response to an AstroMart ad.
IF it was it would have a different form and would include where it came
from - what account etc.

Herb
AstroMart