New Warp Drive Model Requires No ‘Exotic Matter,’ Scientists Say We Can Build It

Old April 1st 21, 05:04 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected][_2_]

Default New Warp Drive Model Requires No ‘Exotic Matter,’ Scientists Say We Can Build It

Feasible? Or just more dreamware?

"On the heels of The Debrief’s exclusive interview with a Chicago area
engineer who patented a new concept for faster than light travel, a team of
researchers headquartered in Sweden have come up with a design for an
entirely new version of Warp drive."

"Unlike the Alcubierre and White designs, the APL team’s proposal requires
no exotic matter to power the vehicle, but there is one catch. According to
the researchers, the physical nature of the new design means it is
constrained by Newtonian physics. In short, while their drive concept is
indeed designed to transport humans across the galaxy and needs no exotic
matter to fuel its journey, it is not capable of breaking the speed of light."

See:

https://thedebrief.org/new-warp-driv...-can-build-it/

Old April 1st 21, 03:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

Feasible? Or just more dreamware?

"On the heels of The Debrief?s exclusive interview with a Chicago area
engineer who patented a new concept for faster than light travel, a team of
researchers headquartered in Sweden have come up with a design for an
entirely new version of Warp drive."

"Unlike the Alcubierre and White designs, the APL team?s proposal requires
no exotic matter to power the vehicle, but there is one catch. According to
the researchers, the physical nature of the new design means it is
constrained by Newtonian physics. In short, while their drive concept is
indeed designed to transport humans across the galaxy and needs no exotic
matter to fuel its journey, it is not capable of breaking the speed of light."

See:

https://thedebrief.org/new-warp-driv...-can-build-it/

I call b.s. on all warp drive concepts that can't be built and tested.
the article says:

When asked what the main limitations were for constructing their
physical warp drive for testing, the researcher admitted that
today's equipment might not be up to the task. "The level of
precision needed for the instruments to measure the
gravitational effects of the craft [is currently] insufficient.
We have to start small."

The above makes zero sense to me. The issue in my mind is how to create
"the gravitational effects" in the first place. Insisted, they're
talking about the instruments to measure the effect. What kind of b.s.
answer is that?

So, the title of the article, "NEW WARP DRIVE MODEL REQUIRES NO 'EXOTIC
MATTER,' SCIENTISTS SAY WE CAN BUILD IT", is click-bait.

Jeff
Old April 4th 21, 06:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Douglas Eagleson[_2_]

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:04:46 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Feasible? Or just more dreamware?

"On the heels of The Debrief’s exclusive interview with a Chicago area
engineer who patented a new concept for faster than light travel, a team of
researchers headquartered in Sweden have come up with a design for an
entirely new version of Warp drive."

"Unlike the Alcubierre and White designs, the APL team’s proposal requires
no exotic matter to power the vehicle, but there is one catch. According to
the researchers, the physical nature of the new design means it is
constrained by Newtonian physics. In short, while their drive concept is
indeed designed to transport humans across the galaxy and needs no exotic
matter to fuel its journey, it is not capable of breaking the speed of light."

See:

https://thedebrief.org/new-warp-driv...-can-build-it/

I once entered a Sifi contest on the best possible faster than light
space drive. It basically relies on creating a spacecraft surrounded
by a single quanta. Thus is surmised to allow a time cessation
in the quanta.

Begging the question on how to make one. So you start with a smooth
surfaced metal hull. To make the quanta appear, the surface is
changed to a triple point state. An event anywhere on the hull
causes a state change everywhere on the hull instantly.

Interior caused deformation of the quanta cause the movement.

Existing with three surface states, solid, liquid and gas should
make a rather odd visual image.

This is a real takeoff of a famous SiFi writer. He invented
the neutronium metal hull.
Old April 9th 21, 06:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 2021-04-09 1:06 PM, David Spain wrote:

"NEW WARP DRIVE MODEL REQUIRES NO 'EXOTIC MATTER', SCIENTISTS SAY WE CAN
BUILD IT WE JUST CANNOT MEASURE IT".

Measure twice, cut once vs. Measure never, warp once, twice, thrice?

:-D

Dave

warp drive: experts say we can build it [email protected] Misc 0 March 31st 21 01:24 AM
Warp Drive Mark Earnest[_2_] Misc 16 January 19th 18 03:50 AM
Warp Drive May Be More Feasible Than Thought, Scientists Say [email protected] Policy 14 September 30th 12 01:54 AM
Warp Drive Impossible? Pat Flannery History 3 April 6th 09 05:20 PM
UFO Warp Drive (corrections) Chillyvek Astronomy Misc 0 August 24th 03 08:34 PM