A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Space Science » Space Station
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 28th 07, 04:01 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors
Jim Oberg
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 434
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific

that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...761528947.html


Ads
  #2  
Old March 28th 07, 06:21 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors
Pat Flannery
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18,466
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner oversouthern Pacific



Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...761528947.html


And the fact that the debris was probably around fifty miles above the jet.

Pat
  #3  
Old March 28th 07, 06:49 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors
Warhol[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 260
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific

On Mar 28, 7:21 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...nk-scare/2007/...


And the fact that the debris was probably around fifty miles above the jet.

Pat


oh gosh darn golly gee willickers...

That debris is an Asteroid... and more cometh... WARHOL TOLD YE... IT
COMETH ...


Soon ... very Soon You May Hear that Voice say... WARHOL is the
Beloved... Right ... TYRE and your sisters your hour Cometh, By
night... swift as an thieve.... as Promised by the Black Book...

your evil King fault... he dreamed to sit on the crown of the beloved
Son of heaven... Now the hour of Revenge is CometH..

"reported that the rumbling noise from the space debris could be heard
over the noise of the aircraft.

"He described he saw a piece of debris lighting up as it re-entered
[the earth's atmosphere].

Astronomers... Prepare evacuation of the low lands around the Atlantic
Ocean... and check the Sky day and Night... It may save some lost
lifes..


  #4  
Old March 28th 07, 07:01 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 796
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific

In article .com,
Warhol wrote:

On Mar 28, 7:21 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...nk-scare/2007/...


And the fact that the debris was probably around fifty miles above the jet.

Pat


oh gosh darn golly gee willickers...

That debris is an Asteroid... and more cometh... WARHOL TOLD YE... IT
COMETH ...


Soon ... very Soon You May Hear that Voice say... WARHOL is the
Beloved... Right ... TYRE and your sisters your hour Cometh, By
night... swift as an thieve.... as Promised by the Black Book...

your evil King fault... he dreamed to sit on the crown of the beloved
Son of heaven... Now the hour of Revenge is CometH..

"reported that the rumbling noise from the space debris could be heard
over the noise of the aircraft.

"He described he saw a piece of debris lighting up as it re-entered
[the earth's atmosphere].

Astronomers... Prepare evacuation of the low lands around the Atlantic
Ocean... and check the Sky day and Night... It may save some lost
lifes..


Oh dear, cometH dooooooooooooooom again.

How boring.

--
Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco

"To err is human, to cover it up is Weasel" -- Dogbert
  #5  
Old March 28th 07, 07:32 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors,alt.usenet.kooks
Warhol[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 260
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific

On Mar 28, 8:01 pm, Art Deco wrote:
In article .com,



Warhol wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:21 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...nk-scare/2007/...


And the fact that the debris was probably around fifty miles above the jet.


Pat


oh gosh darn golly gee willickers...


That debris is an Asteroid... and more cometh... WARHOL TOLD YE... IT
COMETH ...


Soon ... very Soon You May Hear that Voice say... WARHOL is the
Beloved... Right ... TYRE and your sisters your hour Cometh, By
night... swift as an thieve.... as Promised by the Black Book...


your evil King fault... he dreamed to sit on the crown of the beloved
Son of heaven... Now the hour of Revenge is CometH..


"reported that the rumbling noise from the space debris could be heard
over the noise of the aircraft.


"He described he saw a piece of debris lighting up as it re-entered
[the earth's atmosphere].


Astronomers... Prepare evacuation of the low lands around the Atlantic
Ocean... and check the Sky day and Night... It may save some lost
lifes..


Oh dear, cometH dooooooooooooooom again.

How boring.

--



Unconfirmed reports show that the troubled asteroid could be close...

Look out for that asteroid!"

It is a natural history tale that every third grader knows: The
dinosaurs ruled the Earth for hundreds of millions of years, until an
asteroid struck.... Hmmm now man rules over the world same thing can
happen all over again... I just warning ye...

Asteroid 2006 VV2 will be passing close to the Earth at the end of
March and in the early part of April 2007, just a few days away.

Its closest approach is on March 31st where it will be just under nine
times the distance between the Moon and the Earth, about 3.4 million
kilometers. The Earth and Moon are about 385,000 kilometers (240,000
miles) apart.

Observers should be able to see it through small telescopes as it
becomes a 10th magnitude asteroid while racing across the sky through
the constellation Leo between March 31st and April 1st. Asteroids are
also called minor planets or planetoids--that is, a rock that drifts
in space as it orbits around the Sun.

The asteroid is estimated to be about two kilometers (1.2 miles) in
diameter. There's a small chance that it may consist of two asteroids,
or a binary system.

Asteroid 2006 VV2 was discovered by the LINEAR program from the
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on November 11, 2006, at
White Sands Missile Range in Socorro, New Mexico. Due to its close
approach to the Earth, 2006 VV2 is classified as a "Potentially
Hazardous Asteroid"

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/mpc.html.


Prepare Silver or Else...

  #6  
Old March 28th 07, 09:02 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 796
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific

Warhol wrote:

On Mar 28, 8:01 pm, Art Deco wrote:
In article .com,



Warhol wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:21 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...nk-scare/2007/...


And the fact that the debris was probably around fifty miles above the
jet.


Pat


oh gosh darn golly gee willickers...


That debris is an Asteroid... and more cometh... WARHOL TOLD YE... IT
COMETH ...


Soon ... very Soon You May Hear that Voice say... WARHOL is the
Beloved... Right ... TYRE and your sisters your hour Cometh, By
night... swift as an thieve.... as Promised by the Black Book...


your evil King fault... he dreamed to sit on the crown of the beloved
Son of heaven... Now the hour of Revenge is CometH..


"reported that the rumbling noise from the space debris could be heard
over the noise of the aircraft.


"He described he saw a piece of debris lighting up as it re-entered
[the earth's atmosphere].


Astronomers... Prepare evacuation of the low lands around the Atlantic
Ocean... and check the Sky day and Night... It may save some lost
lifes..


Oh dear, cometH dooooooooooooooom again.

How boring.

--



Unconfirmed reports show that the troubled asteroid could be close...

Look out for that asteroid!"

It is a natural history tale that every third grader knows: The
d


Actually, if you keep whining about every piece of rock and ice that
wizzes through the inner solar system, eventually you'll hit a
prediction, as hard as that might be to believe.

--
Supreme Leader of the Brainwashed Followers of Art Deco

"To err is human, to cover it up is Weasel" -- Dogbert
  #7  
Old March 28th 07, 09:09 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors
Pat Flannery
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18,466
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner oversouthern Pacific



Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...761528947.html


Apparently it came down 12 hours early:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dominio...8975a6000.html
Cut to Russian mission control:
"We are to bring it down at 12 AM"
"Noon?"
"No, midnight."
"Isn't 12 AM noon?"
"No, it's the start of the new day; it's midnight."
"But 12 hours After Midnight would be noon."
"No, noon is twelve hours before midnight, so it's 12 Pre-Midnight, not
After Midnight."
"Are you sure?"
"What difference will it make? no one is going to notice it come down
anyway."

Ah yes, the Russians. :-)

Pat
  #8  
Old March 28th 07, 09:23 PM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,865
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
...


Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...761528947.html


Apparently it came down 12 hours early:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/dominio...8975a6000.html
Cut to Russian mission control:
"We are to bring it down at 12 AM"
"Noon?"
"No, midnight."
"Isn't 12 AM noon?"
"No, it's the start of the new day; it's midnight."
"But 12 hours After Midnight would be noon."
"No, noon is twelve hours before midnight, so it's 12 Pre-Midnight, not
After Midnight."
"Are you sure?"
"What difference will it make? no one is going to notice it come down
anyway."


You forgot the whole crossing the International Date Line.

"You said it's coming down today?"

"No, yesterday."

"Huh?"



Ah yes, the Russians. :-)

Pat


--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!
Email: sql (at) greenms.com http://www.greenms.com/sqlserver.html


  #9  
Old March 29th 07, 12:01 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.history,alt.astronomy,alt.alien.visitors,alt.usenet.kooks
Warhol[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 260
Default Report: 'Progress' fireball nearly hit Chilean jetliner over southern Pacific

On Mar 28, 10:02 pm, Art Deco wrote:
Warhol wrote:
On Mar 28, 8:01 pm, Art Deco wrote:
In article .com,


Warhol wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:21 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Jim Oberg wrote:
that is, if you can disregard a 12-hour scheduling discrepancy...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/travel/je...nk-scare/2007/...


And the fact that the debris was probably around fifty miles above the
jet.


Pat


oh gosh darn golly gee willickers...


That debris is an Asteroid... and more cometh... WARHOL TOLD YE... IT
COMETH ...


Soon ... very Soon You May Hear that Voice say... WARHOL is the
Beloved... Right ... TYRE and your sisters your hour Cometh, By
night... swift as an thieve.... as Promised by the Black Book...


your evil King fault... he dreamed to sit on the crown of the beloved
Son of heaven... Now the hour of Revenge is CometH..


"reported that the rumbling noise from the space debris could be heard
over the noise of the aircraft.


"He described he saw a piece of debris lighting up as it re-entered
[the earth's atmosphere].


Astronomers... Prepare evacuation of the low lands around the Atlantic
Ocean... and check the Sky day and Night... It may save some lost
lifes..


Oh dear, cometH dooooooooooooooom again.


How boring.


--


Unconfirmed reports show that the troubled asteroid could be close...


Look out for that asteroid!"


It is a natural history tale that every third grader knows: The
d


Actually, if you keep whining about every piece of rock and ice that
wizzes through the inner solar system, eventually you'll hit a
prediction, as hard as that might be to believe.

--



Better be prepared... look around you, do you still see Dinosaures?
No? well... dont be so dumb as din o saul ris.... It happened here.
Most palaeontologists believe a massive asteroid strike 65million
years ago killed off the dinosaurs

it starts with a Mystery fireball of light... and than Boem... leading
to psychedelic ballroom... just Remember The dinosaurs ruled the
Earth... and didn't want belief the warnings of Godzilla... hard to
believe... right.

'2012: The War for Souls'

"Apparently, 2012 will be a big year for planet Earth, at least
according to many folk traditions: 2012 is suppossedly to be a year of
either great spiritual transformation -- apocalypse. The Mayan
calendar held that it would be a time when the existing world order
would be reversed. Nostradamus forecasted that a rather large comet
would rudely arrive on Earth's doorstep no later than 2012. The Roman
Catholic Saint Malachy predicted that in 2012, the last Pope would
arrive, triggering Judgment Day. And in both 'The X Files' and amongst
certain UFO theorists, 2012 is the year aliens invade Earth. Even
regular, non-nutty scientists also speculate that in 2012 a polar
reversal will take place on carth, and that once the earth starts
rotating in the opposite direction, natural disasters of unknown
proportions may occur." Source: TMZ

How much confirmation do you need before ye awaken for this great
danger for all humanity...


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pacific NW Fireball Ed Majden Amateur Astronomy 1 April 8th 06 01:16 AM
Fireball Pacific NW Ed Majden Astronomy Misc 0 April 7th 06 09:33 PM
Report: Fireball... Southern Ontario 6:20 PM EST XxXxXxX Amateur Astronomy 4 December 18th 04 06:56 PM
Pacific NW Fireball 27 July 2004 Ed Majden Amateur Astronomy 2 July 28th 04 10:43 PM
Pacific NW Fireball 27 July 2004 Ed Majden Astronomy Misc 0 July 28th 04 08:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.