climate change

Old November 21st 14, 02:12 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

Default climate change

nobody mentioning global warming today.
Old November 21st 14, 11:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Lord Vath wrote:
nobody mentioning global warming today.

You Americans are so parochial. There is a world outside the UK. I've been
looking out of my window to see what could be the warmest year on record.
Summer seemed to go on until the end of October and even in November there
are still leaves on the trees, flowers on the geraniums and raspberries on
my allotment (that's community garden to you).
The heatwave seems to be over now but we still haven't had a proper frost.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...unge-week.html
Old November 22nd 14, 03:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Thad Floryan

On 11/21/2014 6:12 AM, Lord Vath wrote:
nobody mentioning global warming today.

No, it's too cold to use the keyboard to post to Usenet.

:-)
Old November 22nd 14, 07:59 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On Friday, November 21, 2014 6:37:43 PM UTC-5, Mike Collins wrote:
Lord Vath wrote:
nobody mentioning global warming today.

You Americans are so parochial. There is a world outside the UK. I've been
looking out of my window to see what could be the warmest year on record.
Summer seemed to go on until the end of October and even in November there
are still leaves on the trees, flowers on the geraniums and raspberries on
my allotment (that's community garden to you).
The heatwave seems to be over now but we still haven't had a proper frost.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...unge-week.html

Click, whirrr. "I hear and obey the will on Landru..."
Old November 22nd 14, 08:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

On Friday, November 21, 2014 10:38:38 PM UTC-5, Thad Floryan wrote:
On 11/21/2014 6:12 AM, Lord Vath wrote:
nobody mentioning global warming today.

No, it's too cold to use the keyboard to post to Usenet.

:-)

Unlike global warmers who think humans can't adapt to any kind of change, most homes are heated.
Old November 22nd 14, 08:02 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Friday, November 21, 2014 11:37:43 PM UTC, Mike Collins wrote:
Lord Vath wrote:
nobody mentioning global warming today.

You Americans are so parochial. There is a world outside the UK. I've been
looking out of my window to see what could be the warmest year on record.

You are trying to make the weather look like climate hence this comical situation where everyone chases heatwaves and coldsnaps as a means to argue over this predictions/speculation mess.

The foundation of planetary climate is made astronomically and by making planetary comparisons using the characteristics of a planet's motion.

Old November 22nd 14, 02:30 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 11/21/14 8:12 AM, Lord Vath wrote:
nobody mentioning global warming today.

That's OK -- Read instead of blab.
http://edu-observatory.org/olli/Climate/index.html

Old November 22nd 14, 03:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 2:30:37 PM UTC, Sam Wormley wrote:
On 11/21/14 8:12 AM, Lord Vath wrote:
nobody mentioning global warming today.

That's OK -- Read instead of blab.
http://edu-observatory.org/olli/Climate/index.html

Climate is a function of a dynamical planet yet not a single person feels comfortable with the explanation for the daily temperature variations as the Earth turns once each 24 hours, the additional rotation as a function of the planet's orbital motion needed to explain the seasons but also the use of inclination to determine a planet's climate within a spectrum between Polar and Equatorial.

With each heatwave or cold snap there are these poor guys rushing in to defend their corner but they are far removed from climate research as it presents itself in an astronomical setting. If your community wants to speculative then let them do so from a foundation where all planets possess a climate irrespective of distance from the Sun. Climate is the distribution of heat across latitudes and hemispheres as a planet moves through space hence the Earth has a largely Equatorial climate with a sizable polar component , Jupiter has an Equatorial climate while Uranus has almost an exclusively a polar climate.

All you need to do Sam is surmise what would happen were the Earth's inclination to increase to 50 Degrees and you should see what I mean as the distribution of heat would change seasonally hence a Polar climate doesn't necessarily mean a colder climate but rather greater swings in heat every 6 months.

This takes real intelligence as it puts climate back into an astronomical setting where it belongs and allows researchers to at least model responsibly.