How Can Anyone Sane Person Still Believe Einstein?

Old October 24th 10, 10:16 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Androcles[_33_]

Default How Can Anyone Sane Person Still Believe Einstein?

wrote:

| Uh, no, Henri. Just because you see a quantity that features a length
| squared does not mean you're talking about area.
| This dimensions stuff just tangles you up.
| Notice that angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s^2 and kinetic energy
| has units kg*m^2/s^2. Does this mean that angular momentum is energy
| and energy is angular momentum?
|
| actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
|
| ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
|
| which in
| another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| Planck's constant
|
| ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
physics
| climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about the
| nature of fields and photons.
|

| Henry Wilson...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot

"Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle theory of
light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."

Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account for
it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave nature
of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.

Old October 24th 10, 10:31 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Henry Wilson DSc

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:16:52 +0100, "Androcles"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

| Uh, no, Henri. Just because you see a quantity that features a length
| squared does not mean you're talking about area.
| This dimensions stuff just tangles you up.
| Notice that angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s^2 and kinetic energy
| has units kg*m^2/s^2. Does this mean that angular momentum is energy
| and energy is angular momentum?
|
| actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
|
| ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
|
| which in
| another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| Planck's constant
|
| ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
physics
| climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about the
| nature of fields and photons.
|

| Henry Wilson...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot

"Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle theory of
light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."

Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account for
it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave nature
of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.

All 'particles' have some kind of intrinsic oscillation that gives them
wave-like properties a well as particle-like ones.

simple isn't it?

Henry Wilson...

........SR = TEL
Old October 24th 10, 11:06 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

wrote:

| Uh, no, Henri. Just because you see a quantity that features a length
| squared does not mean you're talking about area.
| This dimensions stuff just tangles you up.
| Notice that angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s^2 and kinetic energy
| has units kg*m^2/s^2. Does this mean that angular momentum is energy
| and energy is angular momentum?
|
| actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
|
| ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
|
| which in
| another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| Planck's constant
|
| ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
physics
| climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about the
| nature of fields and photons.
|

| Henry Wilson...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot

"Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle theory of
light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."

Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account for
it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave nature
of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.

All 'particles' have some kind of intrinsic oscillation that gives them
wave-like properties a well as particle-like ones.

simple isn't it?

Henry Wilson...

.......SR = TEL

And to think the power of those supposedly zero-mass photons aligning
atoms like it was no big deal.

~ BG
Old October 24th 10, 11:08 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Androcles[_33_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:16:52 +0100, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:16:04 -0700 (PDT), waldofj
| wrote:
| |
| | Uh, no, Henri. Just because you see a quantity that features a
length
| | squared does not mean you're talking about area.
| | This dimensions stuff just tangles you up.
| | Notice that angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s^2 and kinetic energy
| | has units kg*m^2/s^2. Does this mean that angular momentum is energy
| | and energy is angular momentum?
| |
| | actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
| |
| | ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
| |
| | which in
| | another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| | Planck's constant
| |
| | ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
| physics
| | climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about
the
| | nature of fields and photons.
| |
| |
| | Henry Wilson...
| |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot
|
| "Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle theory
of
| light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
| evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."
|
| Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account
for
| it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave
nature
| of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.
|
| All 'particles' have some kind of intrinsic oscillation that gives them
| wave-like properties a well as particle-like ones.
|
| simple isn't it?

It is to you and I, but wackypedia is fast becoming the internet bible.
And like the Jewish bible, riddled with contradictions. Thou shalt
not kill nor suffer a witch to live.
How do you encourage and promote an interest in science when
the bigotry is rife?

Old October 24th 10, 11:15 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 24, 3:08*pm, "Androcles"
wrote:
"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in messagenews:cb99c65tidijalmlotjk641tt4c6626jk2@4ax .com...
| On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:16:52 +0100, "Androcles"| wrote:

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:16:04 -0700 (PDT), waldofj
| wrote:
| |
| | Uh, no, Henri. Just because you see a quantity that features a
length
| | squared does not mean you're talking about area.
| | This dimensions stuff just tangles you up.
| | Notice that angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s^2 and kinetic energy
| | has units kg*m^2/s^2. Does this mean that angular momentum is energy
| | and energy is angular momentum?
| |
| | actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
| |
| | ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
| |
| | which in
| | another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| | Planck's constant
| |
| | ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
| physics
| | climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about
the
| | nature of fields and photons.
| |
| |
| | Henry Wilson...
| |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot
|
| "Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle theory
of
| light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
| evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."
|
| Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account
for
| it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave
nature
| of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.
|
| All 'particles' have some kind of intrinsic oscillation that gives them
| wave-like properties a well as particle-like ones.
|
| simple isn't it?

It is to you and I, but wackypedia is fast becoming the internet bible.
And like the Jewish bible, riddled with contradictions. Thou shalt
not kill nor suffer a witch to live.
How do you encourage and promote an interest in science when
the bigotry is rife?

You become just as insane and represent yourself as a lethal threat to
their mainstream status quo.

~ BG
Old October 25th 10, 01:03 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Hagar[_3_]

"Androcles" wrote in message

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:16:52 +0100, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 07:16:04 -0700 (PDT), waldofj

| wrote:
| |
| | Uh, no, Henri. Just because you see a quantity that features a
length
| | squared does not mean you're talking about area.
| | This dimensions stuff just tangles you up.
| | Notice that angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s^2 and kinetic
energy
| | has units kg*m^2/s^2. Does this mean that angular momentum is
energy
| | and energy is angular momentum?
| |
| | actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
| |
| | ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
| |
| | which in
| | another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| | Planck's constant
| |
| | ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
| physics
| | climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about
the
| | nature of fields and photons.
| |
| |
| | Henry Wilson...
| |
| http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot
|
| "Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle
theory
of
| light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
| evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."
|
| Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account
for
| it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave
nature
| of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.
|
| All 'particles' have some kind of intrinsic oscillation that gives them
| wave-like properties a well as particle-like ones.
|
| simple isn't it?

It is to you and I, but wackypedia is fast becoming the internet bible.
And like the Jewish bible, riddled with contradictions. Thou shalt
not kill nor suffer a witch to live.
How do you encourage and promote an interest in science when
the bigotry is rife?

You switch to a school where they don't have Liberal NumbNutz teachers,
represented by their gangster union, which cares about the students about
as much as the Federal Government cares about American citizens..
However, if you want to have your child root for Climate Change or whatever
it is called these days by the Liberal Back-peddlers, stay with the status
quo.

Old October 25th 10, 01:12 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Henry Wilson DSc

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:06:55 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth wrote:

On Oct 24, 2:31*pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:16:52 +0100, "Androcles"

| actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
|
| ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
|
| which in
| another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| Planck's constant
|
| ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
physics
| climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about the
| nature of fields and photons.
|

| Henry Wilson...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot

"Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle theory of
light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."

Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account for
it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave nature
of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.

All 'particles' have some kind of intrinsic oscillation that gives them
wave-like properties a well as particle-like ones.

simple isn't it?

Henry Wilson...

.......SR = TEL

And to think the power of those supposedly zero-mass photons aligning
atoms like it was no big deal.

Your 'zero mass' photons can put pressure on an object when absorbed.

Strange, eh?

Henry Wilson...

........SR = TEL
Old October 25th 10, 01:23 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
spudnik

Default How Can I Believe Einstein?... Send me a sign, herr doktor-professor!

too bad that folks have been indoctrinated
by the Nobel Cmte. to attach "particular"
to the meaning of "photon;" eh?

thus:
I believe, it was the papers of Pascal (on the subject
of projective geometry) and
so forth that promoted a lot of thought
about "elements at infinity."

thus: Newton could have abused an orange,
to convert Kepler's orbital constraints into an equation,
but not without Huyghen's ... I forgot.

thus: where do you think they got the *idea*
for zero, in the zeroeth place?

thus: some folk neglect to give the "real one,"
which is 1.0000..., or "an infinite representation."
the sole ambiguity of "nines" in "The Decimals" was created and
explained by Simon Stevin in the 15th cce, and thence
widely adopted in commerce, but
you can get around it -- sort-of -- by using base-one,
which cannot have this ambiguity (nor decimal places .-)

thus: so, in projective geometry, there are two
essential things: a)
a "perspectivity" and b)
a "projectivity," one of which is just a series of the other ...
I always forget that, but it's "just linear algebra."

--les ducs d'oil sont Beyondeesh PetroleumeeshTM!
http://tarpley.net

--Light, A History, incl. Descartesian notional
"proving" Snell's law!... http://wlym.com

Old October 25th 10, 01:13 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Oct 24, 5:12*pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:06:55 -0700 (PDT), Brad Guth wrote:
On Oct 24, 2:31*pm, ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:16:52 +0100, "Androcles"

| actually angular momentum has units kg*m^2/s (not s^2)
|
| ...diaper is usually wrong....get used to it.
|
| which in
| another context is know as action (energy times time), the units of
| Planck's constant
|
| ..and I expect that even more quatities and constants will emerge as
physics
| climbs out of its current, Einstein induced rut and learns more about the
| nature of fields and photons.
|

| Henry Wilson...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arago_spot

"Since the spot occurs within the geometrical shadow, no particle theory of
light could account for it, and its discovery in fact provided weighty
evidence for the wave nature of light, much to Poisson's chagrin."

Since cathode rays diffract no particle theory of electrons can account for
it, and its discovery in fact provides weighty evidence for the wave nature
of cathode rays, much to wackypedia's chagrin.

All 'particles' have some kind of intrinsic oscillation that gives them
wave-like properties a well as particle-like ones.

simple isn't it?

Henry Wilson...

.......SR = TEL

And to think the power of those supposedly zero-mass photons aligning
atoms like it was no big deal.

Your 'zero mass' photons can put pressure on an object when absorbed.

Strange, eh?

Henry Wilson...

.......SR = TEL

Just the fact that photons act/react intelligently with atoms is cause
to pause.

There's perhaps by now at least 1e100 photons per atom.

~ BG