The Name 'Buzz Aldrin' Should Never be Spoken Again!

Old April 23rd 10, 01:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
jonathan

Default The Name 'Buzz Aldrin' Should Never be Spoken Again!

In my humble estimation.

His ceaseless energy, involvement of obvious love of life, even
more than his past accomplishments, has elevated his status
to that of a living legend, where a single name ....Buzz of course
is enough.

No matter how many people have the name, there is
still only one Columbus, only one Bono, one Magellan
and now only one...Buzz.

Sincerely

Jonathan

Old April 23rd 10, 07:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
CCBlack

Jonathan wrote:
In my humble estimation.
His ceaseless energy, involvement of obvious love of life, even
more than his past accomplishments, has elevated *his status
to that of a living legend, where a single name ....Buzz of course
is enough.
No matter how many people have the name, there is
still only one Columbus, only one Bono, one Magellan
and now only one...Buzz.

After graduating from Montclair High School in 1946, Aldrin turned
down a full scholarship offer from The Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT), and instead went to the U.S. Military Academy at
West Point. Aldrin graduated third in his class at West Point in 1951
with a B.S. in mechanical engineering. He was commissioned as a Second
Lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force and served as a jet fighter pilot
during the Korean War. He flew 66 combat missions in F-86 Sabres and
shot down two Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 aircraft. Aldrin was selected
as part of the third group of NASA astronauts in October 1963. He was
confirmed as pilot on Gemini 12, the last Gemini mission and the last
chance to prove methods for EVA. Aldrin set a record for extra-
vehicular activity and proved that astronauts could work outside
spacecraft. On July 20, 1969, he was the second astronaut to walk on
the moon ...

..... pant, pant, pant ... running out of breath.

The man is/was amazing. I just don't know if I would want to sit down
and drink a beer with him though. There is a photo of the Apollo 11
crew apparently at a back yard BBQ in Houston before the historic
flight that I really like. Buzz is using his hands in the photo
telling of some aviation exploits. Mike is laughing ... but Neil
kinda has a smirk on his face and he's looking at Buzz as if saying :
" Oh Jeez ... there he goes again ".

Love ya Buzz. I really do.

Chris
Old April 23rd 10, 01:22 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
bob haller safety advocate

On Apr 23, 2:21�am, CCBlack wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
[...]

If buzz had been first out, I wonder if we would of been to mars long
ago?
Old April 23rd 10, 03:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Glen Overby[_1_]

In article ,
CCBlack wrote:
Love ya Buzz. I really do.

Me, too. While there's plenty of ego involved, it's nice to have someone
going around promoting space exploration again.

Glen Overby
Old April 25th 10, 07:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Joseph S. Powell, III

"Buzz...if that really IS your name..." (Homer Simpson).

They even named a fictictious cola after him...and also apparently the state
of light inebreation when one has had a few cold ones! (Magnificent
carbonation....)

Seriously, Buzz is a great American hero, and I respect the hell out of his
punching that Moon landing denier!

Old April 25th 10, 11:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
bob haller safety advocate

"Jonathan" wrote in message

In my humble estimation.

His ceaseless energy, involvement of obvious love of life, even
more than his past accomplishments, has elevated �his status
to that of a living legend, where a single name ....Buzz of course
is enough.

No matter how many people have the name, there is
still only one Columbus, only one Bono, one Magellan
and now only one...Buzz.

Sincerely

Jonathan

s- Hide quoted text -

I wonder what Buzz would of done for space travel had he been first
out?
Old April 26th 10, 02:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

On 4/25/2010 10:38 AM, Joseph S. Powell, III wrote:
"Buzz...if that really IS your name..." (Homer Simpson).

Space Ghost said the same thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhF4SWPdbz4

Pat