yay for the new mic

Old April 20th 08, 03:59 AM posted to sci.space.station
Todd H.

Default yay for the new mic

Just caught some video file footage of the station handover ceremony,
and boy the audio with that mic is worlds better than what we usually
hear.

Was the handover carried live on nasa tv?

--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/
Old April 20th 08, 05:31 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

I'd imagine it was done properly and then the recording sent back . When we
see the thing live the audio has to come via live comms which is not as
good.

Brian

Email:

Old April 20th 08, 06:14 AM posted to sci.space.station
John Doe

Todd H. wrote:
Just caught some video file footage of the station handover ceremony,
and boy the audio with that mic is worlds better than what we usually
hear.

New Microphone used when they have the KU for HD-TV. For us normal
humans, it doesn'T make a different to the image on NASATV at 150kbps,
but the sound is certaintly improved. This was very audible during the
press conferences aboard the station during last shuttle mission.
Old April 20th 08, 03:38 PM posted to sci.space.station
Todd H.

John Doe writes:

Todd H. wrote:
Just caught some video file footage of the station handover ceremony,
and boy the audio with that mic is worlds better than what we usually
hear.

New Microphone used when they have the KU for HD-TV. For us normal
humans, it doesn'T make a different to the image on NASATV at 150kbps,
but the sound is certaintly improved. This was very audible during the
press conferences aboard the station during last shuttle mission.

Cool. Makes sense. It certainly sounds like a much higher bandwidth
audio track, and the mic is open the whole time which is obviously
preferable to normal comm.

--
Todd H.
http://toddh.net/