Air Force misguided on X-37B operations costs?

Old April 23rd 10, 02:46 AM posted to sci.space.policy
jonathan

Default Air Force misguided on X-37B operations costs?

"Brad Guth" wrote in message

As a semi-stealth UAV that's LEO and nuclear and/or VX weapon capable,
it's a rather ideal WMD.

You should go to the new Air Force Recruiting homepage.
They make it pretty clear that between unmanned
air/spacecraft, and space based observation the
US intends to ...own the globe.

They actually show a Space Operations Mission Manager
and a Satellite Vehicle Operator hovering over a
virtual globe as if it was their own target rich playground.

Mouseover the Space Command semi-circle
at the bottom. Looks like the bridge of the Enterprise.
http://www.afspc.af.mil/pressrelease...p?id=123201029

~ BG

Old April 25th 10, 06:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 22, 6:46*pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message

As a semi-stealth UAV that's LEO and nuclear and/or VX weapon capable,
it's a rather ideal WMD.

You should go to the new Air Force Recruiting homepage.
They make it pretty clear that between unmanned
air/spacecraft, and space based observation the
US intends to ...own the globe.

They actually show a Space Operations Mission Manager
and a Satellite Vehicle Operator hovering over a
virtual globe as if it was their own target rich playground.

Mouseover the Space Command semi-circle
at the bottom. Looks like the bridge of the Enterprise.http://www.afspc.af.mil/pressrelease...p?id=123201029

*~ BG

If India and China own the Earth-moon L1(Selene L1); what other
easily accessible high ground that's offering a zero delta-V or other
great outpost/gateway potential (besides our moon/Selene) is there?

~ BG
Old April 27th 10, 11:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 27, 4:31*pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message

If India and China own the Earth-moon L1(Selene L1); *what other
easily accessible high ground that's offering a zero delta-V or other
great outpost/gateway potential (besides our moon/Selene) is there?

Looks like there's plenty of room for everyone.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rangian_points

But our policy is much like that of the seas, we
have a right of access, any interference with our
free access of space is an act of war.

Or, in short, first come first serve. It's enough
to occupy some orbit first in order to own it.

Correct.
"first come first serve" is as good of ownership rights as it needs to
get.

Selene L1 could safely manage to accommodate 510 station-keeping
nations of platforms like "Clarke Stations" along with hosting my LSE-
CM/ISS, that could be joined into a composite platform of hosting a
hub of all nations if need be.

~ BG

Old April 28th 10, 12:30 AM posted to sci.space.policy
jonathan

"Brad Guth" wrote in message

Selene L1 could safely manage to accommodate 510 station-keeping
nations of platforms like "Clarke Stations" along with hosting my LSE-
CM/ISS, that could be joined into a composite platform of hosting a
hub of all nations if need be.

Or maybe the much larger and more stable Earth-Moon
L4 and L5 points?

~ BG

Old April 28th 10, 03:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 27, 4:30*pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message

Selene L1 could safely manage to accommodate 510 station-keeping
nations of platforms like "Clarke Stations" along with hosting my LSE-
CM/ISS, that could be joined into a composite platform of hosting a
hub of all nations if need be.

Or maybe the much larger and more stable Earth-Moon
L4 and L5 points?

Sure thing, except those locations don't provide the easy to/from
lunar surface access, nor can they offer the tether dipole element
that can safely reach to within 2r of Earth (closer if you dare).

~ BG