Can we wear white after labor day...

Old October 22nd 03, 10:58 PM
Stephen Astro

Default Can we wear white after labor day...

....if it's 95 degrees out? October 21 at 5:00 a.m. looking at Saturn
in my shirtsleeves. Remember what astronomy was like before global
warming?

Steve O.
Old October 22nd 03, 11:05 PM
Rod Mollise

HI Steve:

Sorry. Miss Dorothy says "definitely not!" :-)

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html
Old October 23rd 03, 03:04 PM
Stephen Paul

"Stephen Astro" wrote in message
om...
...if it's 95 degrees out? October 21 at 5:00 a.m. looking at Saturn
in my shirtsleeves. Remember what astronomy was like before global
warming?

Global warming.... it's snowing here in New England this morning. I need to
get the observatory up, so I can put the _car_ in the garage. g

--
-Stephen Paul

Old October 23rd 03, 03:06 PM
mark d. doiron

"Stephen Astro" wrote in message
om...
...if it's 95 degrees out? October 21 at 5:00 a.m. looking at Saturn
in my shirtsleeves.

Steve O.--

hehheh--i went out this morning (3:30 a.m.) here in oklahoma and, as usual
for this time of year, put on my long johns and heavy coat. heh-heh--boy,
was it *hot* (high 50s) out. but m42 sure is in a great position at that
time of the morning!

clear, dark skies--

mark d.

Old October 24th 03, 02:00 AM
MrB

You just reminded me of why I didn't return to MA after my military service.
But.........I am sure the skies are free of light polution where I grew up.

Old October 25th 03, 03:14 AM
Alan W. Craft

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:04:32 -0400, "Stephen Paul" wrote:

"Stephen Astro" wrote in message
. com...
...if it's 95 degrees out? October 21 at 5:00 a.m. looking at Saturn
in my shirtsleeves. Remember what astronomy was like before global
warming?

Global warming.... it's snowing here in New England this morning. I need to
get the observatory up, so I can put the _car_ in the garage. g

Is it really snowing there?

We're having a most unseasonable spate of warm, clear weather,
and to the point whereby I'm afraid that if I try to set up the 'scope,
mosquitoes will start to bite.

It's that warm, here in NW Mississippi.

Alan