"Free" Beagle 2 ring tone?

Old December 31st 03, 09:20 AM
Ricardo

Default "Free" Beagle 2 ring tone?

See:

http://www.blur.co.uk/site.html

But if you scroll down it's say you'll be charged £3. Am I missing
something?

Old December 31st 03, 11:22 AM
Martin

"Ricardo" wrote in message
See:

http://www.blur.co.uk/site.html

But if you scroll down it's say you'll be charged £3. Am I missing
something?

I think the free one is a loud crunching sound!!

Martin

Old December 31st 03, 12:14 PM
Martin Frey

"Martin" wrote:

I think the free one is a loud crunching sound!!

Martin

Ooh - hasn't he got a cruel tongue!

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old December 31st 03, 01:44 PM
Magellan

"Ricardo" wrote:

But if you scroll down it's say you'll be charged £3. Am I missing
something?

It is radio light pollution tax.

Old January 1st 04, 02:20 PM
Mutz

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:20:40 -0000, "Ricardo"
wrote:

See:

http://www.blur.co.uk/site.html

But if you scroll down it's say you'll be charged £3. Am I missing
something?

I just attempted to download it and received a Britney Spears tone.
I hope I am not going to be charged for it.
Old January 2nd 04, 11:32 AM
Martin Taylor

"Ricardo" wrote in message

But if you scroll down it's say you'll be charged £3. Am I missing
something?

It is not clear and this could be a misleading indication of price. I think
I see what they mean, that is that *they* will not charge you for the tone,
but you have to pay for the downloading service, offered by a third party?
If this is the case then it is ambiguous, perhaps enough to warrant a
complaint to trading standards. But if they are charging you to DL it, then
it is, in my opinion, much more likely to warrant a call to trading
standards.

Please let me know how you get on.

Martin Taylor

Old January 2nd 04, 11:36 AM
Martin Taylor

"Ricardo" wrote in message But if you scroll
down it's say you'll be charged £3. Am I missing
something?

I've looked at this again, and it seems as if there are two services on
offer. It could perhaps be clearer if this is the case, but you need to
make sure that you use the top service, which will cost you the download
price only. This is the one described as "free". Blur's own service is the
costly one by the looks of it, but that does not say it is free.

Martin Taylor