First Moonwalk? A Russian Perspective

Old February 10th 04, 07:06 PM
Mark Percival

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:55:22 +0100, "Warhol"
wrote:

Fair warning: Henry Spencer is OCD and a ...... moron

For a moron I sure did pluck your feathers!!!!!!

Ok, that it! Trolling in one thing but insulting the patron saint of
USENET is another. To the killfile with you!

Mark Percival
Montreal, Quebec
Old February 10th 04, 07:10 PM
Ami Silberman

"Hallerb" wrote in message

There are many (dozens or hundreds) of photos showing rover tracks. They

are
pretty visible on the surface, but I doubt would be visible from

"overhead".
They were not visible from the CSM in orbit. Since the traverses were
multiple km, they would be largely undisturbed from the LM liftoff.

Well for the missions with rovers.

I question wether such disturbances were ever visible from above and what
effects 30 years have had. solar wind, impacts, and what little atmosphere

the
moon had after the last LM left. Primarilty LM exhaust.

all of this makes it impossible to know without looking.

I would imagine that they would be as pristine as they day they were made.
Erosion of features on the moon (through solar wind, micrometeors and heat
cycles) proceeds very slowly. What possible mechanism would erode several in
deep prints in just thirty years? Also, the oxygen vented from the LM cabins
for the EVAs are a much larger contribution to atmosphere than the LM
exhaust.

Old February 10th 04, 08:28 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Hallerb" wrote in message
Well we KNOW that chile telescope will be capable of imaging the lower

stage,
its been dicscussed before.

Has it actually done so yet? If not, then we *don't know* any such thing. At
best, we might know that it's theoretically possible.

But just how does one research the possible
visiblity of a moon rovers trail?

You already have several research assignments. Please complete them first
before starting a new one. How's your research on the research you did on
NASA management prior to posting flames about them? How's your research on
figuring out whether or not you researched alternative failure modes for
Columbia before posting that was happened was the "worst possible way"?

Old February 10th 04, 08:29 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Ami Silberman" wrote in message
What possible mechanism would erode several in
deep prints in just thirty years?

Well, when the Venusian Fire Women party, they party all over the place.

Old February 11th 04, 06:58 PM
NC

"Warhol" wrote in message

"Herb Schaltegger" lid

écrit dans le message de news: ...
Warhol wrote:

"Henry Spencer" a écrit dans le message de news:
Warhol wrote:
So you admit, No proof of Man On the Moon

Prove to me that you aren't a chimpanzee, or admit that you are. :-)
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry

Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |

Fair warning: Henry Spencer is OCD and a phucking moron

For a moron I sure did pluck your feathers!!!!!!

OHHHHHH HO HO HO HO

HO HO HO HO

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhaahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Who loves you Kitty cat KISS KIS

You've proven you're either an eleven year old human moron or Henry's
contention that you're a chimpanzee. Go away and throw your feces
somewhere else.

What are you kidding FAKE CORPORAL

You are sooo predictable,....

How about a platoon leader or, in exceptional cases, maybe a company
commander.......

troll v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a
posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or,
the post itself. Derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" which in
turn comes from mainstream "trolling", a style of fishing in which one
trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed
troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves
look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the
more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you
don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT.

Old February 16th 04, 10:36 PM
Pat Flannery

Stu Gotz wrote:

A week before Apollo 11 was launched, NASA launched an unmanned
probe which was placed in lunar orbit. It was explained that the probe
was for the purpose of training the Mission Control folks.

The same probe could have easily been used to relay radio signals from
the Apollo craft which was in low earth orbit. Since the signals were
coming via the lunar probe the propagations delays would have been
correct.

That's nice, and this launching occured when?:
http://www.astronautix.com/chrono/19693.htm

Keep searching.

Say hello to General Zod for me....
(Whirring sound as sheet of Kryptonian glass comes flying out of the
red-sunned sky, and yet another one heads off to The Phantom Zone.) :-D

Flan-El

Old February 17th 04, 01:02 PM
Bruce Palmer

(followups trimmed to spare some of the groups)

Stu Gotz wrote:

Oh you may be the idiot. The unmanned probe was named Tetra, I believe,
and it was very real. Mission Control practiced on transmission from
the probe in preparation for the Apollo 11 mission. it's not a secret
-- NASA has admitted it.

The Soviets didn't blow the whistle because joint US-USSR cooperation on
the
space program began long before the Apollo-Soyut mission.

And in case you haven't paid attention to recent history in the past 30
years, the US "loaned" the USSR millions of dollars which they needn't
have paid back. In addition, the US bagan selling wheat and other crops
to the Soviets beginning around the time of the Apollo missions, most of
the credit going to Tricky Nixon.

Suffice to say, the Soviets had all sorts of incentives to keep the lid
on the Apollo missions.

Dream on pal.

-- Stu

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha !

I see some village is missing its idiot. Suggested name change:
Schifosa, or maybe Gavone.

--
bp
Proud Member of the Human O-Ring Society Since 2003

Old February 17th 04, 01:55 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Stu Gotz wrote:

Oh you may be the idiot. The unmanned probe was named Tetra, I believe,
and it was very real. Mission Control practiced on transmission from
the probe in preparation for the Apollo 11 mission. it's not a secret
-- NASA has admitted it.

Well, you almost got the satellite name correct. Too bad the rest of your
story is full of ****. Keep your delusional conspiracy clap-trap to
yourself and stop cross-posting to sci.* groups.

http://www.clavius.org/techcomm.html for the real story on TETR-A.

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer
Old February 17th 04, 05:18 PM
Stu Gotz

Herb Schaltegger
lid wrote:

Stu Gotz wrote:

Oh you may be the idiot. The unmanned probe was named Tetra, I believe,
and it was very real. Mission Control practiced on transmission from
the probe in preparation for the Apollo 11 mission. it's not a secret
-- NASA has admitted it.

Well, you almost got the satellite name correct. Too bad the rest of your
story is full of ****. Keep your delusional conspiracy clap-trap to
yourself and stop cross-posting to sci.* groups.

http://www.clavius.org/techcomm.html for the real story on TETR-A.

Herb,

I do NOT cross-post anywhere. The only thing that is full of **** is
you if you believe the official story. I tried to enlighten you.

Ignorance can be fixed; stupidity is forever.

-- Stu