9 Nov. Mars talk near Chicago with Robert Zubrin

Old November 7th 03, 10:28 PM
Bill Higgins

Default 9 Nov. Mars talk near Chicago with Robert Zubrin

Robert Zubrin, the aerospace engineer who is a staunch advocate of exploring
Mars, is speaking on Sunday, 9 November, in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Here's the information I got from the local National Space Society folks.

This book deals with the simulated Mars habitats the Mars Society erected on
an Arctic island. Zubrin's a good speaker, so this should be worth
attending if you're interested.

Bill Higgins

========
Chicago-area chapters of the National Space Society present

"Mars on Earth: Learning how to Explore the Red Planet in the High Arctic"

A free public presentation by Robert Zubrin on his most recent book "Mars on
Earth: The Adventures of Space Pioneers in the High Arctic."

Note that Dr. Zubrin will have books available for sale and autographing at
this event.

Date:
Sunday November 9

Time:
3:00pm - 4:00pm

Location:
Rasmussen Meeting Room, 2nd floor
Schaumburg Township Library
130 South Roselle Road
Schaumburg IL 60193
847 - 985-4000

Some of Robert Zubrin's books:

Mars on Earth: The Adventures of Space Pioneers in the High Arctic
Robert Zubrin (Hardcover - September 2003)

Entering Space: Creating a Spacefaring Civilization

The Case for Mars (with Richard Wagner)

Old November 14th 03, 01:26 AM
Brad Guth

Do not ever say "I never told you so".

"Robert Zubrin is full of it (again), Mars or bust"

I have no personal problem with the merits of technically challenging
agenda(s) created by folks such as Zubrin or even Edwards, as long as
they utilize their TAXABLE incomes as well the TAXABLE incomes of
millions of other folks intent upon persevering toward Mars or the ESE
fiasco.

If these folks have no better moral agenda, nor remorse towards
investing their TAXABLE incomes upon essentially a personal vendetta,
or at best upon risky hobby sports, such as either of these
individuals suggest as worthy things to be doing, then I have no
problem, only my advise that's obviously worth less than squat in
their eyes.

If on the other hand, to be impacting the entire world communities of
otherwise village idiots such as myself, and even impacting other nice
folks that are merely snookered fools, this is when I've drawn my line
of scrimmage, my DMZ of life as we know it putting a stop to the
insanity of it all.

There's got to be limits drawn from somewhere, even if those are the
sorts of limits that only I can think of, as even those sorts are
still worthy considerations that need to be addressed or else. The "or
else" part is my continued "I told you so" wrath upon the sorts of
Borgs so intent upon snookering the entire world no matters what, as
otherwise focused upon using up every conceivable resource of funding,
of energy and of human talents in spite of all the secondary CO2
contributions to our global warming greenhouse.

I'm no longer even sure the likes of Zubrin and Edwards are even on
our side, as Al Qaida could hardly accomplish as much global damage as
these two holier than thou idiots, as well as their Borg following
seem capable of achieving such intellectual as well as physical
carnage in one fell swoop. Perhaps if those of us on the short end of
the stick were Cathars, then the likes of Zubrin and Edwards could get
the support of the Pope.

If suggesting wild and crazy things is what makes life worth living,
in that case I've got lots to say about Venus.
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-town.htm
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/vl2-iss-02.htm
plus a few dozen other pages.

Date: