Telescope Scammer

Old November 15th 07, 04:30 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Bob Hill[_2_]

Default Telescope Scammer

"Redman" wrote in message
news
I've been trying to sell my telescope on UK Astro Buy & Sell. Recently had
2 enquiries, one guy wasn't willing to meet my asking price which I
dropped a bit more for him but wasn't going to cut my throat either.
Anyway the second guy is very interested but I'm a little suspicious. I've
copied his last email that he sent to myself and it's posted below, anyone
else think it's a scam?

TIA

Redman

Hello
Thanks for your prompt response. Me And My wife are okay with the
price and the condition considering the cost value . Presently i work
with the canadian airline and i will be going on a trip in canada, But we
are located in abreedish,North Wales. My wife work in the liverpool
networking firm Will be making the payment to you hereafter by certified
Banker draft Cheque .Probably it takes fews daysfor the payment to be
credited into your account upon bank confirmation.

So, all i need to get the payment made to you is your Full
Name,Full
Contact Address and Contact Phone Number so that the payment could be
made to you as soon as possible.Kindly get back to me immediately you do
recieve this mail for the payment to be madeout to you. Hereafter i
receive the information requested for the payment.

As regards the shipment,me and my lovely wife has concluded that
the payment
will include the shipping cost .And once you have the fund in
Hand/Account.The shipping agent will be in your location for the pick
up..Thereafter the shipping agent will be coming alongside with my
attention note that will have to sign all the required document and the
change of ownership on my behalf.

Please reply to this message only if you accept the terms and
condition for the payment and if you did not accept the terms.Please do
not reply at all.

Extend my greetings to your entire family ..

Have a wonderful day...

Looking forward to hear back from you...

Kind Regards,

I had something similar to this when I was selling a scope a few months ago
on Astromart. An obvious scam. Ignore it.

Bob H

Old November 16th 07, 03:29 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Abdul

I cannot understand why people want to "earn" a living by cheating
others week after week.

Old November 28th 07, 06:59 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Beeblebrox

"Redman" wrote in message
[...]

You may find this both interesting and humourous

http://www.419eater.com/