First of the season...

Old August 3rd 05, 01:14 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default First of the season...

....for me at least.

As it was clear last night, I put the camera out to see whether I
could pick up any meteors. After 31x30s images, with cloud looming in
the west, I gave up and swiched to other things. Typically, with such
a lazy attitude, a meteor (not seen visually) had very kindly obliged!
It's at the bottom of the frame for those who don't normally scroll
;-)

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-003.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old August 3rd 05, 07:02 PM
Chris.B

I didn't get where I am today by scrolling to the bottom.
Haven't you heard of cropping and framing Sir? ;-)

Regards
Chris.B

Old August 3rd 05, 07:33 PM
Pete Lawrence

On 3 Aug 2005 11:02:07 -0700, "Chris.B" wrote:

I didn't get where I am today by scrolling to the bottom.
Haven't you heard of cropping and framing Sir? ;-)

No. What I need is one of those auto-frame-centering meteors. The ones
that look at the observer and align themselves accordingly ;-)
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old August 3rd 05, 07:44 PM
Chris.B

Well I'm glad you're taking this seriously.... :-)

Chris.B

Old August 4th 05, 06:31 PM
Spr_astro

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
...for me at least.

As it was clear last night, I put the camera out to see whether I
could pick up any meteors. After 31x30s images, with cloud looming in
the west, I gave up and swiched to other things. Typically, with such
a lazy attitude, a meteor (not seen visually) had very kindly obliged!
It's at the bottom of the frame for those who don't normally scroll
;-)

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-003.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

Pete

I recall that last season you imaged a fair amount with the 300D but your
more recent images have been captured with the 10D.

I suspect a 10D will always be beyond my financial reach but I aim to buy
something like a 300D ( maybe the 350D) so how do the two cameras compare
for astrophotography, do you use the same processing methods and does the
10D have less noise?

Regards

Darren S

Old August 4th 05, 07:11 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 18:31:11 +0100, "Spr_astro"
wrote:

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
.. .
...for me at least.

As it was clear last night, I put the camera out to see whether I
could pick up any meteors. After 31x30s images, with cloud looming in
the west, I gave up and swiched to other things. Typically, with such
a lazy attitude, a meteor (not seen visually) had very kindly obliged!
It's at the bottom of the frame for those who don't normally scroll
;-)

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/meteors/meteor-003.html

I recall that last season you imaged a fair amount with the 300D but your
more recent images have been captured with the 10D.

I suspect a 10D will always be beyond my financial reach but I aim to buy
something like a 300D ( maybe the 350D) so how do the two cameras compare
for astrophotography, do you use the same processing methods and does the
10D have less noise?

I can answer that question easily Darren - it's not me you're thinking
of ;-) I've never had a 300D!

In answer to your question though, the 300D should perform as the 10D.

Hurricane Season Begins Double-A Misc 0 June 1st 05 08:25 PM
The last saturn of the season Daniele Gasparri Amateur Astronomy 23 April 12th 05 04:46 PM
Favorite Observing Season? Dawn Baird-Chleborad Amateur Astronomy 17 September 23rd 03 07:44 PM
South Shields AS, new season páidi UK Astronomy 0 September 9th 03 05:26 PM
AURORA SEASON is beginning Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 0 August 25th 03 12:09 AM