Light in Phase and then Out of Phase.....

Old November 30th 06, 10:48 AM posted to sci.astro
gravity jones

Default Light in Phase and then Out of Phase.....

I was listening to this very concrete thinking elecrical engineer on the
radio who seemed to believe that various energy levels wavelengths
attained by photons had the physical implication of the light being able
to pass though or miss a solid mater interface target by virtue of it
being out of phase from wave crest to wave to valley.

I was amused given the nature of the analogy but then have always
wondered .

The properties of wave behavior of light are curious. The in phase out
phase thing seems plausable but then again its not measurable without a
material interface. I thought I had found the flaw in the Young double
slit experiment to prove it and maybe I have since the interference
appears to be between light and medium and not light and light.

The phases of wavelength analogy are still curious because I can't prove
that light is in phase and out of phase in a vacuum or doing something
like rotating with a metric periodicty such as the sphere of mass having
a white hemisphere and a black one east and west about the axis of
rotation. Still a silly analogy but one that could account for the
wavelenth phenomonology .

That seems to bring the mass analogy into phase which adds to
confusion.

my reading of interference is that electrons get saturated by photon in
the material medium and can absorb no more. This insight desolves away
any light to light or photon to photon interference in vacuum or aether
or space what ever.

I have never mangaged to to aim a beam of light at an other beam of
light and get any interference pattern save having some material
interface in between. Have you got evidence of light bending or
otherwise interacting with light in an open vacuum? I cant find any.

how light saturates electrons is interesting and enough to blow off the
other analogies.

The Thermodynamic Cause of Gravity:
Site Below is due for update and removal of mistakes:

http://www.webspawner.com/users/gravity/index.html

Old November 30th 06, 01:06 PM posted to sci.astro
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)

Dear gravity jones:

"gravity jones" wrote in message
I was listening to this very concrete thinking elecrical
engineer on the radio who seemed to believe that
various energy levels wavelengths attained by photons
had the physical implication of the light being able
to pass though or miss a solid mater interface target
by virtue of it being out of phase from wave crest to
wave to valley.

I was amused given the nature of the analogy but
then have always wondered .

The properties of wave behavior of light are curious.

Yes, very.
The correct description of "total internal reflection" requires
that light get information instantaneously from the less dense
medium.
Lenses for LEDs have to be a few hundred atoms thick to act like
classical lenses... otherwise the light just passes right through
at c, rather than c_medium.
Radio waves act much the same, passing though a lot of material
with little effect.

I have never mangaged to to aim a beam of light at an
other beam of light and get any interference pattern
save having some material interface in between.

This can be easily done with lasers. But keep in mind the
interference pattern will be on the scale of the wavelength.

Have you got evidence of light bending or otherwise
interacting with light in an open vacuum? I cant find any.

There are "photon-photon interaction"s documented on Google.
What is entanglement for photons, if not an interaction?

how light saturates electrons is interesting and
enough to blow off the other analogies.

No evidence this is true, however. "Extinction coefficient".

Phrases in quotes can be used to find out more using Google.

David A. Smith

solid phase/neutron state phase transition Rudy von Massow Misc 0 January 28th 06 02:09 AM
DARPA Falcon Phase 2 ed kyle Policy 0 September 20th 04 06:07 PM
Venus & Merc have same phase! Maurice Gavin UK Astronomy 12 March 29th 04 09:25 AM
Moon Phase Robert Geake UK Astronomy 2 October 18th 03 01:38 AM
Light phase information Yi-Zen Chu; Yiren Qu Amateur Astronomy 5 September 26th 03 10:02 PM