ASTRO: Mare Crisium,Mare Fecunditatis

Old April 22nd 07, 06:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Mare Crisium,Mare Fecunditatis

The seeing was good tonight just after sunset. I got this with the C-11
and CP4500. 1/60th @ 100ASA. 100% optical zoom. Sorry about the funky
green color in the shadows...I stretched the histogram a bit.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moon4-21-07c.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	715
Old April 22nd 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:

The seeing was good tonight just after sunset. I got this with the C-11
and CP4500. 1/60th @ 100ASA. 100% optical zoom. Sorry about the funky
green color in the shadows...I stretched the histogram a bit.

Joe

Nice shot of the double crater Messier and nearby Messier A (was
Pickering). Appropriate target for deep sky imagers!

Nothing but mostly dry thunder storms here unfortunately. I wouldn't
mind as we need the rain but they aren't providing much. Radar says
they are but little is reaching the ground. High winds last night blew
tons of ice onto my shore taking a chunk out of the road. But I turn
off before the missing piece. Will be a problem for those farther down
the line until it is fixed. Fortunately, no one lives down there, just
summer cabins so not a problem for another month or so.

Rick