Alternative to TT-Watch

Old August 11th 03, 01:13 AM
Fred Garvin

Default Alternative to TT-Watch

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:57:41 -0400, DrPostman wrote:

To avoid lengthy discussion on sci-astro ('cause most of you don't care)
I thought I would mention an alternative to the again heavily moderated
TT-Watch. Zeta-Astro doesn't have the control issues that TT-Watch seems
to be going through. Subscribe by sending an email to

As far as what is going on with TT-Watch, Jan and Nancy have had a bad
falling out, and it seems to have become heavily controlled now. Exactly
why is something only the "elite" are allowed to know.

Yeah read this for a good laugh:

http://www.zetatalk3.com/nonproft/jul2703l.htm

These people are freakin' kooks of the higest caliber.

38 members! A whole 38!
---

Gotta love the kooks!

--
If Bill Gates had a nickle for every time Windows crashed
.....oh wait......he does!
Old August 11th 03, 02:27 AM
DrPostman

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:28:23 GMT, "John Jones"
wrote:

DrPostman wrote:
To avoid lengthy discussion on sci-astro ('cause most of you

don't
care) I thought I would mention an alternative to the again

heavily
moderated TT-Watch. Zeta-Astro doesn't have the control issues
that TT-Watch seems to be going through. Subscribe by sending
an email to

As far as what is going on with TT-Watch, Jan and Nancy have

had
a bad falling out, and it seems to have become heavily

controlled now.
Exactly why is something only the "elite" are allowed to know.

Try the Bad Astronomy website
http://www.badastronomy.com. They
have a message board dedicated to this hilarious PX stuff.

Chances are that everyone there already knows you by your posts
on TT-watch, etc. More importantly, Nancy and The Zetacult
(sounds like a 1960's psychedelic rock band?) know about Phil
Plait and the Bad Astronomy web site.

Come on over!

I'll check them out. But TT-Watch was interesting for the last month.
Moderation was taken off totally, and ideas flew wild. That all
changed only a few hours after the last TT Inc logs were posted
and speculation about the falling out between Jan and Nancy
was discussed. I didn't care about them knowing me as I used
my nick on that group. I think both Michael and me as well as several
others did a lot of good during that month, helping some of the
passionately credulous on that group see that there was another
side to look at, even if they didn't have the courage to do so.

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy
Old August 11th 03, 11:30 AM
John Oliver

wrote:

DrPostman wrote:

[...]

Jamie: Are you sure its moderated again? You and I and Michael all
seem to still be able to post.

Old August 11th 03, 02:38 PM
Nenlaven

These people are freakin' kooks of the higest caliber.

The thing that scares me is the number of people they apparently have
going out every day and every evening trying to take pictures of the
sun. Their intense belief that PX is close to the sun is eventually
going to get one of the untrained ones to try and point a cheap
telescope at it and fry their optic nerve.
Old August 11th 03, 03:14 PM
DrPostman

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:30:19 -0400, John Oliver
wrote:

Jamie: Are you sure its moderated again? You and I and Michael all
seem to still be able to post.

Yep, Jan emailed me saying that Brent put me on moderation because I
claimed that McCanny wanted to scare people about FEMA to hype
his book sales. It was the truth, but that can't be handled on
TT-Watch, not the whole truth. Look at the posts in the last couple
of days. Only a few per day. When I post now they do not show
up for about 12 hours.

Old August 11th 03, 04:11 PM
Jan

wrote:

Jamie: Are you sure its moderated again? You and I and Michael all
seem to still be able to post.

Yep, Jan emailed me saying that Brent put me on moderation because I
claimed that McCanny wanted to scare people about FEMA to hype
his book sales. It was the truth, but that can't be handled on
TT-Watch, not the whole truth. Look at the posts in the last couple
of days. Only a few per day. When I post now they do not show
up for about 12 hours.

Nope, those were 2 different messages. It was Brent that put you on
moderation, but it was I that returned your posting about McCanney and FEMA,
asking you to remove your allegations against him. This was a matter of
netiquette and proper conduct only, not about the content. When you removed
that offending part, the posting was accepted.

We are currently only 2 active moderators on TT Watch. I do not allocate
much time for the lists any more, and I believe Brent only signs on once a
day. Consequently, there may be some moderation delay.

Regards,
Jan

Old August 11th 03, 08:02 PM
DrPostman

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:11:17 +0200, "Jan" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

So what happened in just the last week? Why are so many people being
moderated now? I didn't cuss, or put anyone down other than McCanney,
and he isn't on the list. I guess being civil isn't enough these
days. So much for you letting things be open on the list. Take a
look at the traffic over the last 2 days. No one else seems to be
able to get through.

Old August 12th 03, 01:25 AM
Fred Garvin

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:38:43 -0400, Nenlaven wrote:

These people are freakin' kooks of the higest caliber.

The thing that scares me is the number of people they apparently have
going out every day and every evening trying to take pictures of the sun.
Their intense belief that PX is close to the sun is eventually going to
get one of the untrained ones to try and point a cheap telescope at it
and fry their optic nerve.

They only have 38 members! *38*! It's a ****ing RIOT! 38!

38 "members"! 38!

I love it!

38 FREAKING MORONS! 38!

Did I mention they had 38 members???!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! 38!
Old August 12th 03, 02:43 AM
Wally Anglesea™

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:25:04 -0400, Fred Garvin
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:38:43 -0400, Nenlaven wrote:

These people are freakin' kooks of the higest caliber.

The thing that scares me is the number of people they apparently have
going out every day and every evening trying to take pictures of the sun.
Their intense belief that PX is close to the sun is eventually going to
get one of the untrained ones to try and point a cheap telescope at it
and fry their optic nerve.

They only have 38 members! *38*! It's a ****ing RIOT! 38!

38 "members"! 38!

I love it!

38 FREAKING MORONS! 38!

Did I mention they had 38 members???!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! 38!

One more and they will catch up to the "Heavens Gaters".
For the Truth about Planet X,
Phil Plait's excellent summary:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/index.html