Popping The Big Bang

Old September 15th 03, 03:35 AM
Jim Greenfield

Default Popping The Big Bang

With mounting conjecture that we 'are not alone' in the universe, it
might be timely to appreciate how truly fortunate WE are in viewing
the heavens.
Apparently we are close to the position of the 'singularity' from
which the universe sprung into being some 13.7 billion years ago, and
can see its glory in all directions. Not so those poor souls at the
extremities! If as claimed, the edge of the universe is 13.7 bly away,
the total width becomes 27.4 bly, and so they are only able to 'see'
as far as us (half of it).
AND this doesn't take into account the fact that the material of
their home has travelled out from "The Big Bang" for 13.7 billion
years (and that's allowing light speed for matter), and then emmitted
light back to us that is claimed to have also taken 13.7 billion years
for the trip = light and mass travelling about the universe for 27.4
by then, when it is only 13.7 to begin with!!
So what do those beings see? Not us, as they are more light years
away than the earth's age, and certainly not behind us (in their
view), as we are at the 13.7 limit of their view. And what if they
look outward? Are they gazing into an inky abyss?
Now aren't we just so privileged to live at the center of it all?
(And isn't 'The Big Bang' such an imaginitive load of rubbish??)

Jim Greenfield
Old September 15th 03, 03:42 AM
Paul F. Dietz

Jim Greenfield wrote:

Apparently we are close to the position of the 'singularity' from
which the universe sprung into being some 13.7 billion years ago, and
can see its glory in all directions. Not so those poor souls at the
extremities! If as claimed, the edge of the universe is 13.7 bly away,
the total width becomes 27.4 bly, and so they are only able to 'see'
as far as us (half of it).

It is your own ignorant misunderstanding of cosmology you are criticizing,
not the actual model used by cosmologists. Please try to relief your
ignorance to the point that you can hold a worthwhile opinion on the
subject. Hint: the big bang was not an explosion of matter from a point
into preexisting space, and we are not at the 'center' of it any more than
any other point in space is at its center.

Paul

Old September 15th 03, 03:51 AM
J. Scott Miller

Thanks again for once again demonstrating how a lack of understanding of a
scientific theory allows one to make foolish statements in public. My
suggestion - get some knowledge and stop making stupid statements.

Old September 15th 03, 06:48 AM
Jim Greenfield

"J. Scott Miller" wrote in message ...
Thanks again for once again demonstrating how a lack of understanding of a
scientific theory allows one to make foolish statements in public. My
suggestion - get some knowledge and stop making stupid statements.

So will a few mouthfulls of your 'raisin bread' help my ignorance? If
you can't 'see' that the whole BBB's was proposed because the earth
'seemed' to be near the center of the universe, as every way we look
the red shift appears to show galaxies moving away, then YOU fit the
description!
How handy is it that 'space is expanding, taking matter with it'?? Yet
I've yet to observe anything expand without energy change, or been
advised of atoms getting larger-- and they surely contain space! So
just which 'space' will you nominate to expand? Is it that within
atoms, between molecules, between stars, or galaxies? Is it all
expanding, or just what suits the BB Theory? Last crap I saw posted in
BB support had it confined to 'groups of galxies'.

Any way- answer the post or shut up!
Can a being at position 13.7 bly west of here, see one 13.7 east?
What do they observe when they 'look beyond'?
What are the dimensions of the universe?
What is it's age?
Has light from one side of the universe reached the other?
(Some people are afraid of the dark, and BBs and DHRs of 1/0 )
Old September 15th 03, 07:22 AM
Bill Vajk

Jim Greenfield wrote:

snip

Any way- answer the post or shut up!
Can a being at position 13.7 bly west of here, see one 13.7 east?

snip

Jim,

You are not seeing the universe as it is, but rather as it was,
with distance concurrently representing time slices. Each
successively more distant sphere you look at represents how
the universe looked in successively more distant pasts.

Consider that when that when some of the most distant light
was made this earth didn't yet exist. We are seeing snapshots
of many different pasts, none of which exists any longer.
And in fact, when light left the most distant, and many
even closer places, this earth didn't even exist yet, but
we have come along to intercept some of that light.

Considering a universe which folds over on itself, 13.7 bly
east and 13.7 bly west of here might be closer neighbors
than you realize.

The universe doesn't have to make sense to you. It is up to
you to make sense of the universe that is, and it is a
universe which is proving to be difficult to understand.

Old September 17th 03, 02:44 AM
Jim Greenfield

Bill Vajk wrote in message news:LUc9b.352142$Oz4.132093@rwcrnsc54...
Jim Greenfield wrote:

snip

Any way- answer the post or shut up!
Can a being at position 13.7 bly west of here, see one 13.7 east?

snip

Jim,

You are not seeing the universe as it is, but rather as it was,
with distance concurrently representing time slices. Each
successively more distant sphere you look at represents how
the universe looked in successively more distant pasts.

I understand that entirely. That is what what makes the age and size
of the universe contradictary in BBT- in one breath they claim the age
as 13.7by , which is oxymoronic to that light having left that
position at that time. The age would need to be more than double, even
allowing for an expansion at light speed.

Consider that when that when some of the most distant light
was made this earth didn't yet exist. We are seeing snapshots
of many different pasts, none of which exists any longer.
And in fact, when light left the most distant, and many
even closer places, this earth didn't even exist yet, but
we have come along to intercept some of that light.

Yes

Considering a universe which folds over on itself, 13.7 bly
east and 13.7 bly west of here might be closer neighbors
than you realize.

Just when I thought that you were making sense, you come up with this
clanger!!...that the edges might be closer than the half way point!

The universe doesn't have to make sense to you. It is up to
you to make sense of the universe that is, and it is a
universe which is proving to be difficult to understand.

Yes, but it's time to try other than BB tweaking.

PS Have you seen evidence of galaxies previously calculated at, say,
1by distance, passing in front of another at 500 million? I wont be
surprised

Cheers
Jim G
Old September 15th 03, 12:10 PM
Paul F. Dietz

Jim Greenfield wrote:

So will a few mouthfulls of your 'raisin bread' help my ignorance?

One attribute of idiots like yourself is a grossly overinflated
sense of their own mental abilities. The painful truth is that you
have made a laughable newbie error, and are persisting in holding
onto this misconception in the face of correction.

You now have two choices. You can admit you ****ed up and go learn
what the BB theory actually says. Or, you could subordinate intellect
(whatever you have in that department) to ego and stroll down the
road to crankhood.

Which will it be?

Paul

Old September 15th 03, 04:54 PM
CeeBee

(Jim Greenfield) wrote in sci.astro:

Any way- answer the post or shut up!
Can a being at position 13.7 bly west of here, see one 13.7 east?
What do they observe when they 'look beyond'?
What are the dimensions of the universe?
What is it's age?
Has light from one side of the universe reached the other?
(Some people are afraid of the dark, and BBs and DHRs of 1/0 )

It is clear that _I_ am the center of the universe, as everything that
happens only seems to happen when I observe it. Until that moment it isn't
existent. This is very clear, as the Bing Bang theory was created because
the Earth seemed near the center of the universe, as you - obviously being
an expert on these matters - state, and I'm the center of my universe,
thus is my center the center of the universe.

Now answer _my_ questions:
what is happening to all those objects and people when I'm not observing
them?
Are they standing still, freezed, or do they simply cease to exist until
the next time I observe them?
In that case, how come some things get created exactly the same when I
change my position and observe them again?

And what about people stating that I lack some very basic knowledge about
the structure of reality, making my above questions utter nonsense, like
yours?

What about people suggesting you go troll somewhere else?

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @
www.geocities.com/ceebee_2