If you could travel to anywhere in the universe,where would you visit?

Old October 21st 09, 09:42 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Trevor[_3_]

Default If you could travel to anywhere in the universe,where would you visit?

If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.
Old October 21st 09, 01:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Peter Webb[_2_]

"Trevor" wrote in message
If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.

The nearest planet to earth with intelligent life and a similar atmosphere
and climate to our own.

I would go there for a holiday, but keep my eyes open for trading
possibilities.

Old October 21st 09, 02:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
BradGuth

On Oct 21, 5:09*am, "Peter Webb"
wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.

The nearest planet to earth with intelligent life and a similar atmosphere
and climate to our own.

I would go there for a holiday, but keep my eyes open for trading
possibilities.

Nudest worthy planets like Eden do not exist, not even here on Earth.

~ BG
Old October 21st 09, 04:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Trevor:

On Oct 21, 1:42*am, Trevor wrote:
If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the
universe outside of Earth, where would you
most like to go and please say why, for
anywhere named.

The environs of a black hole, above its ecliptic and away from its
poles. I'd want to see how it shreds nearby stars.

I'd want to see a star nursery up close. To see how planets and such
spawn from the "fires".

I'd like to visit a globular cluster, and wonder at its stability.

I'd like to place really good radio telescopes equidistant at a few
light years, to see what "really long eyes" would do for resolution.

David A. Smith
Old October 21st 09, 04:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

dlzc wrote:
Dear Trevor:

On Oct 21, 1:42 am, Trevor wrote:
If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the
universe outside of Earth, where would you
most like to go and please say why, for
anywhere named.

The environs of a black hole, above its ecliptic and away from its
poles. I'd want to see how it shreds nearby stars.

I'd want to see a star nursery up close. To see how planets and such
spawn from the "fires".

I'd like to visit a globular cluster, and wonder at its stability.

I'd like to place really good radio telescopes equidistant at a few
light years, to see what "really long eyes" would do for resolution.

David A. Smith

Ah you must have a special liking for alfa/beta/gamma radiation.
In those areas, intense enough to kill you in minutes.
Old October 21st 09, 05:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Sjouke Burry:

On Oct 21, 8:57*am, Sjouke Burry
wrote:
dlzc wrote:
Dear Trevor:

On Oct 21, 1:42 am, Trevor wrote:
If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the
universe outside of Earth, where would you
most like to go and please say why, for
anywhere named.

The environs of a black hole, above its ecliptic
and away from its poles. *I'd want to see how it
shreds nearby stars.

I'd want to see a star nursery up close. *To see
how planets and such spawn from the "fires".

I'd like to visit a globular cluster, and wonder at
its stability.

I'd like to place really good radio telescopes
equidistant at a few light years, to see what
"really long eyes" would do for resolution.

Ah you must have a special liking for alfa / beta /
gamma radiation. In those areas, intense enough
to kill you in minutes.

With the technology to get there, I expect to carry shields. Alpha
and beta I do not fear, a few atoms of a good conductor will stop
those. Low energy neutrons and gamma are much more to worry about.
We are so much smoke to high energy particles.

Now ask me how I'll stop gamma radiation, but still be able to see
visible light! ;)

Star Trek magic...

David A. Smith
Old October 21st 09, 06:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Gordon Stangler

Just one place?

I would like to visit Titan, Venus, Pluto, Phobos, a globular
cluster, the Orion Nebula, a supernova, a black hole, both inside and
outside the event horizon, a dwarf galaxy, an elliptical galaxy, and
the inside of a void, that is, where there are no galaxies.
Old October 21st 09, 08:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
HVAC

"Trevor" wrote in message
If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.

I'd like to see 2 black holes circling each other at
speeds close to C. The effects on the local area would
be funny.

Old October 21st 09, 10:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
Frank Robertson

On Oct 21, 4:42*am, Trevor wrote:
If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.

That is almost a cruel question: if you had to choose just ONE place,
knowing there are virtually an infinite number of awesome sites in the
Universe. It sure would be nice to get some travel brochures, first,
with up close photos and info. By default, I would start with the
furthest known galaxy, then narrow it down from there.

At a recent astronomy club meeting, I saw a photo from Hubble -
probably the Hubble Ultra Deep Field. The lecturer mentionened it was
taken by Hubble staring at a "blank' spot in the celestial sphere, for
400 (working) days consequetively. There were, literally, ten thousand
objects in the photo. Only FIVE were stars, which were in our own
galaxy. The rest were distant galaxies!

Main reason for this astounding cosmos: It is quite obviously that God
is saying, ":Look at this. I created this for my glory! It is giving
you a hint of my glory."

But second thing I take from this: well, with just one place to visit,
I might well choose one of those galaxies. Then, as I said, narrow it
down from there.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...eases/2004/07/

Here's a hint of what you MIGHT see somewhere out the

http://www.sci-fi-o-rama.com/2008/07...g-cities-slan/

**********

http://1mmph.yolasite.com/
Old October 30th 09, 02:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.astro
BradGuth

On Oct 21, 4:09*am, "Peter Webb"
wrote:
"Trevor" wrote in message

If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.

The nearest planet to earth with intelligent life and a similar atmosphere
and climate to our own.

I would go there for a holiday, but keep my eyes open for trading
possibilities.

Nudest worthy planets like Eden do not exist, not even here on Earth.

Perhaps at most 5% of Earth is suitable and thus capable of sustaining
humans as surviving in the nude. Otherwise we need to apply
technology in order to survive, whereas most other biodiversity
doesn't have such a limited terrestrial scope.

~ BG