Weekend

Old May 28th 05, 03:26 PM
Double-A

Default Weekend

I suppose it will be a dead few days here on Usenet as everybody heads
out to the lakes and streams, mountains and ocean beaches for the big
three day Memorial Day weekend!

Hooks are baited where allow, camping gear stowed in the SUV, or
provisions stocked in the camper.

Even those at home are keeping active, firing up that long dormant
barbeque.

First big weekend of summer, and the weather forecast? Doubtful as
tradition requires.

One of the weatherwomen did a statistical study of weather patterns on
Memorial Day weekends. She concluded that more often than not, weather
was either too wet, or uncomfortably hot on past Memorial Day weekends.

Perhaps someone up there isn't exactly smiling down on us!

Double-A

P.S. Here it was hot yesterday, thunderstorms predicted for today!
Ha! Ha!

Old May 28th 05, 08:15 PM
Twittering One

"Or blink?
Or think?"
~ Folly

"Or dislodge a blinking lynx named
Blynx?"
~ Fobby

*

"No chance for any thunder today,
But I love storms,
So let's look forward in a positive way."
~ Charles D Bohne

"I like storms, too.
Where are you located, C de B?"
~ Twittering

"The storm splattering the tough magnolia
leaves, with the long rolling March thunder
and hail,

(tinklings of crystal in our nocturnal
nest startle, out of hold gone
from the mahoganies, on the edging
of bound books, a grain of sugar
still burns in the shell
of your eyelids) ..."
~
~ Eugenio Montale,
From "The Storm,"
From "The Storm and Other Things"

[p. 21]

*

A Quill plucks the instrument's stings.
A sound board transports sound.
You listen closely to what
I say. I've no guarantees

I will arrive
At the answer before the evening closes,

But ample time remains
Before midnight.

You will glance at me occasionally,
Acknowledge I am reading the correct score,
The pages now collected, still loose ~ leafed
In their portfolio.

"Swallow me," my necklace
Says.

*

Old May 28th 05, 08:19 PM
Twittering One

The pages now collected, still loose ~ leafed
In their portfolio.

"Swallow me," my necklace
Says.

Always, you say. Whereupon

The doorbell rings. Another guest.
Will you remember me?

Old May 28th 05, 08:25 PM
Twittering One

Will you remember me,
Will you remember where we bookmarked, interleaved
Our conversation, still undone,
Unfinished,
Still waiting patiently for an answer,
An unasked question, but heard?

Always, you say.

Old May 28th 05, 08:30 PM
Twittering One

"Always," you say.

"Swallow, me,"
Our new guest says, so recently flown
From my flew. "My name,

Coppola."

Old May 28th 05, 08:36 PM
Twittering One

"O, and a lovely Swallow
You are, too! Please come in ... Care
For a marshmallo, or a smore? Sit,
Here, please have a chaire.

Please know, yes, you are very welcome
Here. O how lovely, O how divine ~
A new-found friend,
A fine ~ feathered swallow named Coppola."
~ Folly

Old May 28th 05, 08:44 PM
Twittering One

"Always, you say."
~ Twittering

"... and so,
I did!"
~ C de B

"The doorbell rings. Another guest.
Will you remember me?"
~ Twittering

"Of course ~ Who could
Ever forget you?"
~ C de B

"O, but
Who am I? For don't you know, I've
Myself forgotten."
~ Twittering

Old May 28th 05, 09:07 PM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:

[...]

Nope, I'll be here all weekend dutifully manning Indy Base One
for hopeful incoming message from her Royal Highness Darla (Athena).

carry on,
the nightbat
Old May 28th 05, 09:55 PM
Ray Vingnutte

On 28 May 2005 07:26:48 -0700
"Double-A" wrote:

[...]

I'm here but busy watching Laurel & Hardy films, piza burger and chips
just ordered.

88F they say yesterday, didn't feel like it, hope it rains it's bank
holiday here. roll on June 21st....