The Rosette Nebula in Monoceros

Old July 19th 08, 10:17 AM posted to sci.astro
ukastronomy

Default The Rosette Nebula in Monoceros

The Rosette Nebula in Monoceros

I had been observing for a number of years before I even realised that
the constellation of Monoceros existed. It was several more years
before I realised that one of the most attractive targets for the
owner of a wide-field scope could be found there.

With a CCD and a wide field scope I discovered that it was easy to
obtain an attractive image of the Rosette Nebula. The only significant
problem to overcome was the neighbour's roof! This was overcome by
moving all my observing to a remote scope based in New Mexico.

http://www.martin-nicholson.info/rosette/rosette.htm

Martin Nicholson, Daventry, England.

My website is at http://www.martin-nicholson.info/1/1a.htm
My informal Astronomical Blog is at http://ukastronomy.livejournal.com/