ASTRO:The Sun Today (Happy New Year!)

Old January 1st 07, 11:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev

Default ASTRO:The Sun Today (Happy New Year!)

Hiya All

HNY... Here's the start of this year's images.

As you will see, white lights interesting at least.

Kev

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2007-01-01 104241 solarhaprom.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	275  Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2007-01-01 103925 solar.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	276  Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2007-01-01 104155 solarha.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	277
Old January 1st 07, 05:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

It does still exist! I was beginning to wonder. My Daystar filter
hasn't been used in months.

Even a spotless sun would be a great site here, or even some
precipitation to go with all the clouds. We might as well be the desert
for all the precipitation so far this winter. Yet virtually no viewing
days. Right now I'd take the snow that has Doug likely buried by now.

Rick

Old January 1st 07, 07:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
LA

Nice ones Kev. I got out today also but the seeing was pretty mushy. I did
get some while light views which I'll post soon. Those spots look pretty
interesting. May be a good H-alpha shot if the weather clears and gets
stable here. Clear Skyz, LA

Old January 2nd 07, 09:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev

Cheers Larry / all

I'm hoping for similar, especially as it's that spot back.
I'm still off work for most of this week (one day apart), so I should have
some opportunity to do some Sun observing... v course, that also means
plenty v clouds too probably!

Kev

Old January 3rd 07, 10:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Kev" wrote

HNY... Here's the start of this year's images.

As you will see, white lights interesting at least.

Kev,

Nice images!

I was going to try for a shot of those sun spots, but alas, I have a "day
job"!

George N

Happy New Year, All!! Bash History 0 January 2nd 07 01:20 AM
Happy New Year, All!! Ralph History 1 January 1st 07 10:36 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR !! TeaTime UK Astronomy 12 January 2nd 06 04:44 PM
Happy New Year! IWJPoel Amateur Astronomy 0 January 3rd 04 10:53 AM
Happy New Year and what I'd like to see. Simon Gartfield UK Astronomy 1 January 1st 04 04:00 PM