A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

There Are UFOs



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 10th 18, 10:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,124
Default There Are UFOs

Millions have seen them. Our culture calls people that talk about such things crazy. They say: "So you've seen those little green men!"
Ads
  #2  
Old August 11th 18, 05:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 471
Default There Are UFOs

THERE'S NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE OF UFOs !

Keep in mind :

( 1 ) the simple relationship between distance d, speed v, and time t
( i.e. d = v x t ), and

( 2 ) the very vast distances betwee stars, galaxies, and most
astronomical entities, then any travels between entities would tale
prohibitively excessive times.

This is all the reason why, although we are likely not the only
intelligent space faring species, we have yet to be visited by any.

( sorry to be repeating myself, but this is important )
  #3  
Old August 11th 18, 06:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,124
Default There Are UFOs

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 11:21:39 AM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
THERE'S NO CREDIBLE EVIDENCE OF UFOs !

Keep in mind :

( 1 ) the simple relationship between distance d, speed v, and time t
( i.e. d = v x t ), and

( 2 ) the very vast distances betwee stars, galaxies, and most
astronomical entities, then any travels between entities would tale
prohibitively excessive times.

This is all the reason why, although we are likely not the only
intelligent space faring species, we have yet to be visited by any.

( sorry to be repeating myself, but this is important )



Think of ways to tell people what they can do--not what they can't do. In an

age where so much technology has happened you know nothing is impossible.
  #4  
Old August 11th 18, 07:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 471
Default There Are UFOs

Sorry to rain on your picnic but some things are indeed impossible.

e.g. - travel at or exceeding light speed, or more practically travel
anywhere near light speed. Current maximum space probe speed is slower
than light by a factor of about 30,000 . That's about 130 millennia to
the very nearest star, one way !

Reasonable travel between stars, would require speeds many times light
speed. If it were possible, then don't you suppose that some of the
likely very many intelligent species throughout the universe, would
have mastered it and paid us a visit ? Wouldn't they have made contact
and confirmed their existence ?

You claim that there are UFOs and that "millions" have seen them. I
never have and know of no one who has. Some claim to have been
abducted and have had sexy experiments performed on them. All of it,
complete and total BS !
  #5  
Old August 11th 18, 07:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,124
Default There Are UFOs

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 1:48:21 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
Sorry to rain on your picnic but some things are indeed impossible.

e.g. - travel at or exceeding light speed, or more practically travel
anywhere near light speed. Current maximum space probe speed is slower
than light by a factor of about 30,000 . That's about 130 millennia to
the very nearest star, one way !

Reasonable travel between stars, would require speeds many times light
speed. If it were possible, then don't you suppose that some of the
likely very many intelligent species throughout the universe, would
have mastered it and paid us a visit ? Wouldn't they have made contact
and confirmed their existence ?

You claim that there are UFOs and that "millions" have seen them. I
never have and know of no one who has. Some claim to have been
abducted and have had sexy experiments performed on them. All of it,
complete and total BS !


You don't know how stupid our society is. As soon as tangible evidence comes
along the one with it is labeled crazy and everyone else agrees.

  #6  
Old August 11th 18, 10:15 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 471
Default There Are UFOs


You don't know how stupid our society is. As soon as tangible evidence comes
along the one with it is labeled crazy and everyone else agrees.


What "tangeable evidence" ? Where are the aliens ?

Reasonable travel among stars would require speeds many times light
speed, which is ridiculous. Energy of matter becomes infinite as
speeds approach light speed, to say nothing about many times light
speed.

So, worm holes were invented / speculated, to keep the possibility of
such interstellar trips, as some kind of a special breach in the
space-time continuum, but absolutely no credible explanation of how
this would work.

Again, the fact is that it isn't possible, because it has never been
done, as confirmed by the total lack of credible evidence that we are
ever visited by any aliens.
  #7  
Old August 11th 18, 11:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,124
Default There Are UFOs

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 4:14:58 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:

You don't know how stupid our society is. As soon as tangible evidence comes
along the one with it is labeled crazy and everyone else agrees.


What "tangeable evidence" ? Where are the aliens ?


You never hear about it. As soon as the evidence is there it is ridiculed and

dismissed.

  #8  
Old August 12th 18, 02:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,038
Default There Are UFOs

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 2:02:52 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:

Millions have seen them. Our culture calls people that talk about such things crazy. They say: "So you've seen those little green men!"


Seeing a UFO is definitely NOT the same thing as seeing those elusive LGM. I've seen several UFO's over the years, but that in no way indicates that they were/are aliens from across the galaxy, it only means that *I* didn't have a way to identify what I saw.
  #9  
Old August 12th 18, 01:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 471
Default There Are UFOs


What "tangeable evidence" ? Where are the aliens ?


You never hear about it. As soon as the evidence is there it is ridiculed and

dismissed.


Not dismissed. Discreditted.

Shows, studies and presentations on UFOs abound.
  #10  
Old August 12th 18, 01:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,124
Default There Are UFOs

On Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 7:13:30 AM UTC-5, casagi. wrote:

What "tangeable evidence" ? Where are the aliens ?


You never hear about it. As soon as the evidence is there it is ridiculed and

dismissed.


Not dismissed. Discreditted.

Shows, studies and presentations on UFOs abound.


Yes facts are often discredited.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More (Yawn) UFOs HVAC[_2_] Misc 1 March 3rd 11 05:33 PM
UFOs have no right being here !!! nightbat Misc 0 December 19th 05 07:53 AM
And you wonder about UFOs.... Rich Amateur Astronomy 1 October 22nd 05 07:56 PM
Part Two of "Ufos in the DMZ" nightbat Misc 0 August 15th 05 02:15 AM
UFOS HAVE ATMOSPHERES [email protected] Misc 11 March 15th 04 01:16 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.