Once and for all...are humans or robots better for Mars?

Old July 12th 11, 05:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Paul Madarasz[_2_]

Default Once and for all...are humans or robots better for Mars?

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:38:25 -0400, Jeff Findley
wrote, perhaps among other things:

In article cfc0003e-5a23-4df9-9662-
, says...

On Jun 19, 11:36Â*pm, "Robert A. Woodward"
wrote:

You would think that, after all the rolling blackouts immediately
after the earthquake, they might have a clue.

And now I read that Tokyo is facing 100-degree weather without air
conditioning, because some rural areas are refusing to allow reactors
not near a coastline or a fault line to be turned back on...

People die in hot conditions like this. Not turning nuclear plants back
on is essentially sentencing the old, weak, and sick to die in the heat.
This is despite the fact that not a single fatality can be attributed to
radiation leaks at the failed Japanese nuclear facilities.

Sometimes people are absolutely too stupid for their own good. :-(

Jeff

Perhaps so. I am of the anti-nuke persuasion, but am willing to
listen to the pro people. What I do know is that living here in
Tucson, AZ, where we've just endured a week of 110+ degrees F, not a
single person died of hyperthermia. I think the problem is deeper
than what source of energy we're using. BTW, I am old, kind of weak,
but remarkably healthy. As for too stupid for my own good, I try not
to think about it too much.
--
"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."
-- Ed Abbey
Old July 12th 11, 08:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

On Jul 12, 3:34*pm, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Perhaps so. *I am of the anti-nuke persuasion, but am willing to
listen to the pro people. *What I do know is that living here in
Tucson, AZ, where we've just *endured a week of 110+ degrees F, not a
single person died of hyperthermia. *

Yea, but it's a "dry heat" out there. *;-)

Seriously though, when temperatures are in the upper 90's here in the
midwest, people without air conditioning start to die. *Once
temperatures get that high, the city declares a "heat emergency" and
opens up "cooling centers" for people that have no A/C. *These cooling
centers are typically places that have A/C, like schools, recreation
centers, and etc.

So, I have to wonder, is Tokyo's relative humidity more like Tucson or
Cincinnati? *

Jeff
--
" Solids are a branch of fireworks, not rocketry. :-) :-) ", Henry
Spencer 1/28/2011

japan could open cooling centers too.even cooling some public
buildings would be better than cooling a entire city
Old July 17th 11, 09:11 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
William Mook[_2_]

On Jul 4, 6:30*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jul 2, 11:06*pm, William Mook wrote:

So in MookieWorld Obama is a tool of the British Empire (which hasn't
been around for quite a while now)? *Who knew?

Lyndon LaRouche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgcdRCWEt4Q

The *BBC and others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zcAC...utube.com/watc....

If you were a truly smart person or part of a secret faith-based
cartel/cabal of those trying to dominate Earth in most every way that
truly matters, from time to time you'd intentionally let a naive fool
such as President BHO takeover, then sit back with all the usual cloak
and dagger outside resources in order to continue with the GOP/ZNR
redneck agenda.

That's about what seems to be ongoing.

*http://groups.google.com/group/googl...t/topics?hl=en
*http://groups.google.com/group/guth-usenet/topics?hl=en
*http://www.wanttoknow.info/
*http://translate.google.com/#
*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Obama is a product of MK-ULTRA MONARCH program. So was George Bush.
This was part of a long-range plan. From 1900 through 1950 efforts
were directed at establishing control through conventional means.
From 1950 through 2000 efforts were directed toward exercising that
control by conventional means, bribery, intimidation, etc. while
developing a mind controlled population. The murder of JFK by George
HW Bush is the prime example of this.

From 2000 through 2050 efforts are to place mind controlled people in
positions of power while expanding mind control among the people.
From 2050 onward, all people will be mind controlled, with the
children educated after 2015 targeted for increasing levels of mind
control.

THE OBAMA DECEPTION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

MK ULTRA MONARCH

JFK SR ASSASSINATION

JFK JR ASSASSINATION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSziV-ajYz4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsebA0ST51c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC61B8066sU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xocqNq-m_aQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYz9eeBF8gs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYcFuYc1dP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlKC7bhtWfQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8nF2uAinr4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2TcJrO1k98
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAhalvvcEiE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_mJFATCoxQ

True History
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgcdRCWEt4Q
Old July 17th 11, 01:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
Quadibloc

On Jul 17, 2:11*am, William Mook wrote:

Obama is a product of MK-ULTRA MONARCH program. *So was George Bush.

I am dismayed to note that you've wandered into the kind of craziness
that I thought was confined to people like Brad Guth.

John Savard
Old July 17th 11, 01:46 PM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
Sea Wasp (Ryk E. Spoor)

On 7/17/11 8:31 AM, Quadibloc wrote:
On Jul 17, 2:11 am, William wrote:

Obama is a product of MK-ULTRA MONARCH program. So was George Bush.

I am dismayed to note that you've wandered into the kind of craziness
that I thought was confined to people like Brad Guth.

From the little I've seen of him, he's pretty much always been that
way. Total Conspiracy Theorist loon.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Old July 21st 11, 02:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
William Mook[_2_]

On Jul 17, 8:31*am, Quadibloc wrote:
On Jul 17, 2:11*am, William Mook wrote:

Obama is a product of MK-ULTRA MONARCH program. *So was George Bush.

I am dismayed to note that you've wandered into the kind of craziness
that I thought was confined to people like Brad Guth.

John Savard

I understand your response and appreciate the difficulty of accepting
the realities I relate here. I had difficulty as well and sincerely
wish the situation were otherwise. But, the more you dig into the
rabbit hole, the more you find the facts will bear me out as they come
to light.

I don't say these things lightly, and as I said, I sincerely wish they
were otherwise.

But, wishing doesn't make it so.

Here is what Historian Webster Tarpley says;

Every person, whether he knows it or not, is a philosopher. Each of us
necessarily develops a theory of how the world works. This theory is
expressed as a set of axioms. The axioms are self-evident ideas that
are recognized and accepted by everybody in sight. The axioms define
human nature, the content of history, the workings of economics, the
purpose of government, the goals of life. Today’s American population
operates according to axioms which are false, oligarchical – and
suicidal. A dictatorship or a monarchy can get by with slaves or
subjects, but a republic demands educated and capable citizens.
Without citizens, a republic cannot survive. The most dangerous force
in American life today is public opinion itself. In today’s crisis,
public opinion rejects out of hand all the urgent measures needed to
promote national survival. This public opinion is stupefied by
television and spectator sports and crassly manipulated by the news
media. This depraved public opinion reflects not so much the admitted
failure of political leadership as the degradation of the intellectual
life of the average citizen. In the face of this kind of public
opinion, world civilization as we have known it cannot long survive.

Author and Historian Chalmers Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPr_T7btVgA

Eisenhower & Chalmers Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K-dKumLnSE

The world runs on oil. The oil supplies are peaking. They won't drop
to zero, they will just refuse to grow at a level we demand of them.
As a result, prices will rise.

In 1956 when this truth was reported in the scientific press, oil was
under $2 per barrel. Today its hovering in the $100 range and has
reached $140 in the recent past. This rise will continue. With
adverse impact on our industrial economy that is run by oil. The
result will be an unraveling of the social advances based on low cost
energy and a return of a neo-feudal system. The result of these
fundamental changes will be a vast reduction in the quality and
quantity of food, since the present industrial systems consume 5
calories of oil energy for every 1 calorie of food energy produced.
This will mean that population distribution will return to pre-
industrial values from their current values. At present 2% of the
people grow food and 98% of the people eat food. In the very near
future these values will be reversed, with a massive decline in human
numbers.

We've known this for a long time. Those in control have known it as
well, and have laid plans for this eventual outcome. Their concern is
to maintain control during the die-off.

In many respects the die off has been engineered since the death of
McKinley at the hands of British agents. This got Teddy Roosevelt in
power, and ended the Trans American rail road and the export of US
rail technology to Europe and Asia. It also set the stage for the
Dreyfus Affair and the eventual collapse of Europe into World War 1.
Again, all at the hands of the British who had no intention to see
their trading empire challenged by Americans, Germans or Russians.

Old July 21st 11, 02:49 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
William Mook[_2_]

I am convinced the facts will bear up the facts I relate here.

FBI drives Hemingway to Suicide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DegnjI6rfUk

Old July 21st 11, 02:56 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
William Mook[_2_]

On Jul 20, 9:49*pm, William Mook wrote:
I am convinced the facts will bear up the facts I relate here.

FBI drives Hemingway to Suicidehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DegnjI6rfUk

The USA Executes Martin Luther King
http://www.mefeedia.com/watch/29126836