ISS Spacewalkers caught on film by backyard telescope

Old December 12th 09, 09:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dr.Colon Oscopy

Default ISS Spacewalkers caught on film by backyard telescope

Pretty good stuff http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...en-from-earth/
.....Doc
Old December 12th 09, 11:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Dec 12, 1:26*pm, "Dr.Colon Oscopy"
wrote:
Pretty good stuff *http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...s-seen-from-ea...
....Doc

At nearly 0.1 m resolution, there's still a great deal of secondary/
recoil UV fluorescence to contend with.

~ BG
Old December 13th 09, 06:56 AM posted to sci.space.history
Peter Cushing's Ghost

"BradGuth" babbled:

wrote:
Pretty good stuff
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...s-seen-from-ea...
....Doc

At nearly 0.1 m resolution, there's still a great deal of secondary/
recoil UV fluorescence to contend with.

~ BG

fascinatinnnnnnnnnnn.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Old December 15th 09, 02:14 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dan Birchall[_3_]

(Dr.Colon Oscopy) wrote:
Pretty good stuff
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...en-from-earth/
....Doc

Wow.

"Acaba to Houston... I have this strange feeling I'm being watched."

--
djb@ | Dan Birchall, Night Operation Assistant, Subaru Telescope/NAOJ.
naoj | Views I express are my own, certainly not those of my employer.
Old December 15th 09, 04:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 13:26:46 -0800 (PST), "Dr.Colon Oscopy"
wrote:

Pretty good stuff http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...en-from-earth/
....Doc

I'm not convinced. Wouldn't Acaba have to be about 12 feet tall for
that to be him?

Brian
Old December 15th 09, 02:31 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

wrote:

Pretty good stuff
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...en-from-earth/
....Doc

I'm not convinced. Wouldn't Acaba have to be about 12 feet tall for
that to be him?

I would think not. He just has to be highly reflective which, depending on
the optical sensor used, could result in several neighboring pixels to be
bright too.

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old December 15th 09, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jeff Findley wrote:

I would think not. He just has to be highly reflective which, depending on
the optical sensor used, could result in several neighboring pixels to be
bright too.

Are they still having trouble with moving one of the four big solar
arrays? I note in the photo that three are in one orientation, and
number four is at a different angle to the sun.

Pat