forming composit space station skin in situ

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 5th 05, 01:28 AM

Ok, if we consider a 50 m shell, we get 65,449 cubic meters for a total
volume, and for the inside volume of the inner shell, we get 44,602
cubic meters.
Getting it up in one shot is a good goal. But I'm trying to maximize
leasable volume, too. A 100 meter sphere give 523,598 cubic meters of
internal volume, and 434,892 cubic meters inside the inner shell. I
still think the inner and outer shell concept is important for puncture
repair, and sheilding augmentation, and general ease of construction.

The costs are going to be such to develop any sizable facility that we
probably are going to need about 50 tenants, besides the resort/hotel
with about 25 guests per week, (eventually), a large "movie set", a
repair/maintenance /workshack area for contract projects such as a Mars
trip, other larger facilities and so on. I don't think a 50 meter
sphere is going to be big enough. to bring in enough income.

Media Invited To See International Space Station Hardware Ron Baalke Space Station 0 November 21st 03 11:32 PM
New Space Race? Eugene Kent Misc 9 November 13th 03 01:42 PM
China's Space Plans Steve Dufour Misc 0 October 17th 03 02:42 AM
SPACEHAB Declared Finalist On $100 Million Space Station Contract Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 August 15th 03 07:21 PM