Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old December 14th 15, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 1:29:34 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA I think you can't get to the library.Here Cold night warming up and no clouds.Bright Sun. TreBert About 73

More like I didn't want to get to the library with it pouring rain outside all the time! Nice to have the luxury now to not have to go outside when the weather is bad. I have a little Plaid Pantry store just a half block way, so not far to go when I run out of necessities.

Currently a light cold mist, which I suppose is better than the steady rain.. Right now 41F here in Gresham as of 1:30 PM PST.

Christmas is coming soon. I don't have to worry about any presents, but I would like to send out a few cards again if I can find some. It would be the first time in 9 years. The list has grown much shorter as people have died in that time.

Double-A

Old December 15th 15, 01:22 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 1:30:31 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 1:29:34 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA I think you can't get to the library.Here Cold night warming up and no clouds.Bright Sun. TreBert About 73

More like I didn't want to get to the library with it pouring rain outside all the time! Nice to have the luxury now to not have to go outside when the weather is bad. I have a little Plaid Pantry store just a half block way, so not far to go when I run out of necessities.

Currently a light cold mist, which I suppose is better than the steady rain. Right now 41F here in Gresham as of 1:30 PM PST.

Christmas is coming soon. I don't have to worry about any presents, but I would like to send out a few cards again if I can find some. It would be the first time in 9 years. The list has grown much shorter as people have died in that time.

Double-A

AA Must have hit about 38 in Anaheim.Head kept warm and slept 10 hours.Cold again,and windy.All my close friends did not make it to 80.I will be 88 on Feb.9 I cold not take Boston weather anymore,and Oregon I would never get to be 80.Have not seen or heard from Sandy.She might be in Arizona? I can';t hear my phone ring TreBert
Old December 15th 15, 09:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 5:22:45 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Doesn't your phone vibrate when it rings? Most of the new ones do, in case you can't hear them. It might be an option on yours.

Temp here has pretty much flat lined at 40F. But it's December. I probably should be thankful to global warming that I am not already freezing my gnards off! Always look on the bright side I always say.

I found out that my stepson's father-in-law passe away about 3 years ago. He made it to 102!

More rain will be comning after tomorrow.

Double-A

Old December 15th 15, 10:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 1:37:13 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Yes my phone vibtates,but I think I'm having a heart murmer.Some times she justs disapears.Keep in mind she is 36 years younger than I.We are just friends. Cold sunny again.Still no problem sleeping. Keep thge van in the sun and just playing pool.at both senior centers.TreBert
Old December 18th 15, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 2:58:37 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

Yes my phone vibtates,but I think I'm having a heart murmer.Some times she justs disapears.Keep in mind she is 36 years younger than I.We are just friends. Cold sunny again.Still no problem sleeping. Keep thge van in the sun and just playing pool.at both senior centers.TreBert

You can adjust up the volume on the ring too. Then even if you still can't hear it, you will know it's ringing when everyone else in the room starts looking at you in an annoyed way!

I found out the Gresham senior center is right next to the transit center. I go by it every day!

Had lunch with Kim on Wednesday. Then yesterday it rained hard all day, so I just stayed home. Local flooding is back in the news. Water again in the back yard and the field behind us. Street going past us has still not been reopened.

Today it is now 50F as of 1:30 PM PST here in Gresham. Calm but cloudy with a chance of showers. About as good as it gets this time of year. I an ever thankful I now have a roof over my head!

The DOW is down 367 today since those Grinches on the Federal Reserve board decided to actually start charging interest again! No more free money for the fat cats.

Double-A

Old December 20th 15, 07:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA It rained for 4 hours.Sandy showed up,and we went to New Port Beach to watch the parade of lights.(ships going down the bay. Right now at 11am no clouds and all sun. At Red Lobster we had two beers and a Lobster pizza. it came to $25 and my son Ken sent me a $30 gift card. If Sandy does not go to Chicago we will go to Circus Circus for 10 days.It could be again on the house???? TreBert
Old December 20th 15, 08:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 11:05:41 AM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA It rained for 4 hours.Sandy showed up,and we went to New Port Beach to watch the parade of lights.(ships going down the bay. Right now at 11am no clouds and all sun. At Red Lobster we had two beers and a Lobster pizza. it came to $25 and my son Ken sent me a $30 gift card. If Sandy does not go to Chicago we will go to Circus Circus for 10 days.It could be again on the house???? TreBert

You must be a high roller!

46F here in Gresham as of 12:30 PM PST. Light rain this morning. Brisk southwest wind at 10 mph. At least it's not as cold as the east wind. Some sun through clouds now.

Yesterday I did come to the library, but when I got here it was surrounded by police! An officer told me it was closed, but he just said they were investigating something, so I left. Today I asked someone at the front desk why the library was closed yesterday. She said that there was a suspicious device out by a trash can. So with the way things are in this country now, I guess everybody is on edge!

Double-A

Old December 21st 15, 10:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Like to go to Vegas for hollidays,but afraid to drive on Rt 15 and flying is out.Sandy fling to Chicago so I'mjust going to the Beaches TreBert
Old December 22nd 15, 08:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 2:36:49 PM UTC-8, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:

AA Like to go to Vegas for hollidays,but afraid to drive on Rt 15 and flying is out.Sandy fling to Chicago so I'mjust going to the Beaches TreBert

Big winds here yesterday! South wind reached 55 mph in Portland area, and up to hurricane strength on the Oregon coast! More than 30,000 people lost their electricity! I was OK, my lights only flickering a few times. The say 3,500 are still without power today! Many roads were temporarily close because of blown down trees!

Today is calm with some sun peeking through clouds. 45F here as of 12:30 PM PST here in Gresham. Tonight they are forecasting a big snowstorm for the mountains. We probably won't get a white Christmas here at lower levels this year, due to global warming no doubt.

Double-A

Old December 22nd 15, 09:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Raining all day a very hard drizle.Two days in a row.Must be snow on Baldy.When the Sun comes out I'll check it out.Very chilly too.TreBert

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM