ASTRO: Merope Nebula

Old September 23rd 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: Merope Nebula

I got 6 minutes worth of this object but then stopped because I was getting
a reflection donut and didn't want to process it out and figures it ruined
the shot. Well I should have gone longer because it wasn't that bad in
these shots. Taken through a C-11 @ f/6 with a 400D (XTi) @ 800asa (2 x
3min)

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m45-blend-1.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	1249
Old September 24th 07, 01:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:
I got 6 minutes worth of this object but then stopped because I was getting
a reflection donut and didn't want to process it out and figures it ruined
the shot. Well I should have gone longer because it wasn't that bad in
these shots. Taken through a C-11 @ f/6 with a 400D (XTi) @ 800asa (2 x
3min)

Joe

You may want to see if you can dig in closer to Merope as you have
caught the very end of IC 349 "Barnard's Merope Nebula". It's that
little piece sticking out of Merope at the 7 O'clock position. I caught
it last year not knowing what it was. I had to look it up.
http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...eases/2000/36/

I need to revisit it with better seeing and color. It won't be easy. I
had a clean corrector plate when I took my image. Think I better clean
it before I try again.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merope_6x5.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	1252
Old September 24th 07, 08:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
DvandenH

Nice one Joe, btw is there a way to prevent the donuts?
I tried some shots on the flame nebula but the donuts are a real pain in the
ass there..

reg
Dirk

--