Are they allowed to send babies to Space?

Old July 14th 03, 02:40 AM
Paul Morrissey

Default Are they allowed to send babies to Space?

Hello,
I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive. I thought my friend was just pulling my leg about this.
Please let me know that NASA is not planning on using baby astronauts
because I am against that.
Thanks,
TP
Old July 14th 03, 12:03 PM
Joann Evans

Paul Morrissey wrote:

Hello,
I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive. I thought my friend was just pulling my leg about this.
Please let me know that NASA is not planning on using baby astronauts
because I am against that.
Thanks,
TP

I think your friend was indeed kiding, or read and believed some
bogus report. Nothing obvious would be gained, and NASA isn't about to
invite the public relations flack that would come. Espically as our only
current access to space isn't considered safe enough for *adults* at the
moment....

Old July 14th 03, 02:53 PM
Andrew Case

Paul Morrissey wrote:
I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive.

LOL! Thanks. This really made my day.

.......Andrew

Andrew Case |

Old July 15th 03, 01:17 AM
Alain Fournier

Rand Simberg wrote:

On 13 Jul 2003 18:40:29 -0700, in a place far, far away,
(Paul Morrissey) made the phosphor on my

I'm interested in finding out about the age limitations for
Astronauts. A friend recently informed me that he had heard that NASA
was interested in sending infants into space for some type of
research. I am totally against sending babies into space. I don't
think that they have the necessary training and math skills to
survive.

Math skills are required to survive in space? Who knew?

How did the rats and jellyfish manage it?

:-)
I don't know about the rats and jellyfish but look at the tank insulation,
it didn't know how to count and see all the problems it caused on Columbia.
:-)

Alain Fournier