"Armstrong & Eagle Under A Blazing Sun"

Old March 4th 04, 04:21 AM
Ian R

Default "Armstrong & Eagle Under A Blazing Sun"

http://www.ianr81.homestead.com/files/thumba11.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/ianr81/IanR81A11.html

This is a mosiac that I have just finished working on that shows a
view of the Apollo 11 landing site at Mare Tranquillitatis, using
Hasselblad photographs taken by Buzz Aldrin. I wanted to produce this
composite after browsing through the pictures on Kipp Teague's
excellent 'Apollo Archive' website - I saw the opportunity to have
Armstrong, Eagle, the Flag and the Sun all in a single frame, using
genuine in-flight Apollo photography.

The following pictures were used to produce the mosaic:

AS11-44-6598
AS11-40-5886
AS11-40-5887
AS14-66-9305 (The sun - no A11 images show the sun from the lunar
surface)

If anybody wants to have a larger version for their desktop, here is a
link to a 1280 × 1024 sized file:

http://www.geocities.com/ianr81/IanR81A11.html

This is my own tribute to Neil, Buzz and the mission of Apollo 11 in
general. I hope all you fellow Apollo enthusiasts enjoy this one!

Regards,

Ian Regan.